Pedal powered BMW, apparently

Just Zis Guy

Guest
New bent rider online <http://www.bentrideronline.com/> with a review of the Stinger (which pretty
much agrees with my views on it, I'm pleased to say). But calling it a BMW? Maybe that explains why
I can exceed the speed limit with impunity and park where I like!

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

> New bent rider online <http://www.bentrideronline.com/> with a review of the Stinger (which pretty
> much agrees with my views on it, I'm pleased to say). But calling it a BMW? Maybe that explains
> why I can exceed the speed limit with impunity and park where I like!

Is that why you've gone for the new lighting system, so you can sit on anothers back wheel flashing
madly when they impede your progress? :)

Pete

> New bent rider online <http://www.bentrideronline.com/> with a review of the Stinger (which pretty
> much agrees with my views on it, I'm pleased to say). But calling it a BMW? Maybe that explains
> why I can exceed the speed limit with impunity and park where I like!

Do we know the Guy Chapmen (sic) mentioned in the article ??

Regards Simon

"Simon Galgut" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Do we know the Guy Chapmen (sic) mentioned in the article ??

One of them is more than enough, thank you.

Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> You could have a Porsche instead:
>
> http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/18/

Wasn't there a mountain bike marketed under the BMW name (think they had a lot of input on the
design side, but it was made under licence)? Mercedes-Benz may also have done something similar, and
Ferrari are well known for their collaborations with Colnago.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[email protected] (David E. Belcher) writes:
> Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > You could have a Porsche instead: http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/18/
>
> Wasn't there a mountain bike marketed under the BMW name (think they had a lot of input on the
> design side, but it was made under licence)?

Looks like it: http://www.modern-models.com/mai39159.htm (Though that's just a model).

I've seen an Audi Quattro bike (on a roofrack on display at a local Audi dealer). In spite of the
name, it didn't have four wheel drive :)

> Mercedes-Benz may also have done something similar,
Including an electric-assisted model: http://www.voltage-ev.com/Mercedes/

And Pashley do a Land Rover Moulton http://www.pashley.co.uk/apb/products/pages/apb_page.htm

Alan Braggins <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (David E. Belcher) writes:
> > Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > You could have a Porsche instead: http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/18/
> >
> > Wasn't there a mountain bike marketed under the BMW name (think they had a lot of input on the
> > design side, but it was made under licence)?
>
> Looks like it: http://www.modern-models.com/mai39159.htm (Though that's just a model).
>
> I've seen an Audi Quattro bike (on a roofrack on display at a local Audi dealer). In spite of the
> name, it didn't have four wheel drive :)

More bike/luxury car crossovers - Lamborghini were allegedly sub-contracted to build some of the
Speedwell (makers of the first commercial Ti frame) titanium bikes in the early '70s. And Reynolds
531 tubes were apparently used in the engine mountings of the E-Type Jag! Oh, and before I forget,
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned a certain Mr. Boardman and his Lotus yet....

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> > You could have a Porsche instead:
> >
> > http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/18/
> >

> Wasn't there a mountain bike marketed under the BMW name (think they had a lot of input on the
> design side, but it was made under licence)? Mercedes-Benz may also have done something similar,
> and Ferrari are well known for their collaborations with Colnago.

Yeah, and Porsche do a range of over-priced **** as well. The great thing about bikes is that it
doesn't really make much difference how much you paid, or what name is on it, it's only going to go
as fast as you can pedal it. Ah, spring is coming, and the hills will be alive with shining and/or
carbon overpriced full-sus mountain bikes - it makes all those cold dark morning starts worthwhile
passing this lot out, on a city bike with mudguards and topbox... Whaddya mean they are bikers too?
As of this morning, they were still clogging up the roads in their Lard Rovers!

David E. Belcher <[email protected]> wrote
> More bike/luxury car crossovers - Lamborghini were allegedly sub-contracted to build some of the
> Speedwell (makers of the first commercial Ti frame) titanium bikes in the early '70s. And Reynolds
> 531 tubes were apparently used in the engine mountings of the E-Type Jag! Oh, and before I forget,
> I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned a certain Mr. Boardman and his Lotus yet....

remids me of my last but one tour of Spain -- piled out the bar after lunch on the last day to find
a Lamborghini parked outside ........ a great big tractor !

Andrew