Pedal Recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cori

I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)

Cori

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:23:51 GMT, Cori <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
>and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
>it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)
>
>Cori

I just today started using Crank Brothers 2003 S Egg Beaters and love = 'em. I bought these at an
eBay auction for $98 shipped! I have seen 2002 versions for around $60 on Internet but don't recall
where. Do a search.

I think these are mainly intended for off-road use but I think they'd be great for road touring
as well. =20

Take a look at Crank Bros!

LB

> I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
> and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
> it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)

Cori: It's boring, it's dependable, and it's cheap. Shimano's SPD-M515. Cost about $50, and I simply
can't think of anything even close to the price that's worth considering (assuming you're looking
for a recessed-cleat

pedal. But you'll never have trouble getting into it, you'll never have it jam getting out, and the
bearings, while they don't feel silky-smooth at first, seem to go on forever.

If you want to go for a road-type pedal, check out the new LOOK "A"-series. The least expensive is
close to your price range, and seems a bit sturdier than some of their past offerings.

Either way you also have the advantage of being able to find cleats any place you travel to.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

What don't you like about the Rodeo? A friend is considering a pair ($26 vs. $65 for the equivalent
Shimano model), so I'm curious what the problem is.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)
"Cori" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
> and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
> it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)
>
> Cori

Status
Not open for further replies.