Pedal Recomendation

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cori, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Cori

    Cori Guest

    I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
    and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
    it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)

    Cori

    Tags:

  2. lorendi

    lorendi Guest

    On Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:23:51 GMT, Cori <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
    >and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
    >it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)
    >
    >Cori

    I just today started using Crank Brothers 2003 S Egg Beaters and love = 'em. I bought these at an
    eBay auction for $98 shipped! I have seen 2002 versions for around $60 on Internet but don't recall
    where. Do a search.

    I think these are mainly intended for off-road use but I think they'd be great for road touring
    as well. =20

    Take a look at Crank Bros!

    LB

  3. > I'm new to road biking and need a recommendation for a pedal. Something easy to get in and out of,
    > and up to $80. I currently have the Nashbar Rodeo pedal and am not happy with
    > it. I'm also willing to go with a different platform. (the bike is a Specialized Touring model.)

    Cori: It's boring, it's dependable, and it's cheap. Shimano's SPD-M515. Cost about $50, and I simply
    can't think of anything even close to the price that's worth considering (assuming you're looking
    for a recessed-cleat

    pedal. But you'll never have trouble getting into it, you'll never have it jam getting out, and the
    bearings, while they don't feel silky-smooth at first, seem to go on forever.

    If you want to go for a road-type pedal, check out the new LOOK "A"-series. The least expensive is
    close to your price range, and seems a bit sturdier than some of their past offerings.

    Either way you also have the advantage of being able to find cleats any place you travel to.

  4. Grl

    Grl Guest

    What don't you like about the Rodeo? A friend is considering a pair ($26 vs. $65 for the equivalent
    Shimano model), so I'm curious what the problem is.

    --

    - GRL

    "It's good to want things."

    Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)
    news:[email protected]...