Pedal recommendation requested

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Michael Evans, Jan 27, 2003.

  1. Greetings from Colorado!

    For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
    down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
    thinking of just getting regular pedals.

    Several times I've seen people mention something that binds your feet to pedals in a similar way
    to clipless. I believe there's a belt or something that goes across the pedal at a diagonal, and
    you stick your foot in and then twist it back? If this lame description sounds familiar, I'd
    appreciate a URL.

    Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something decent, with low spin
    resistance and light weight. Any insights to this would be appreciated.

    Thanks, Mike

    Tags:

  2. Nanc

    Nanc Guest

  3. Akensmith

    Akensmith Guest

    >Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something
    decent, with low spin resistance and light weight. >>

    You already have the shoes, so you just need the pedals and cleats. Check out Nashbar and
    Performance. Their SPD clones are usually on sale.

    Norm

  4. Freewheeling

    Freewheeling Guest

    Michael:

    Actually, I don't think there's a better pedal made than he Frogs. I have Bebops, which are similar.
    Why not just replace the cleats, if they lasted four years. That's pretty good durability, depending
    of course on how much you ride.

    --
    --Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

    "Michael Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Greetings from Colorado!
    >
    > For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
    > down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
    > thinking of just getting regular pedals.
    >
    > Several times I've seen people mention something that binds your feet to pedals in a similar way
    > to clipless. I believe there's a belt or something that goes across the pedal at a diagonal, and
    > you stick your foot in and then twist it back? If this lame description sounds familiar, I'd
    > appreciate a URL.
    >
    > Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something decent, with low
    > spin resistance and light weight. Any insights to this would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Mike

  5. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
    > down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
    > thinking of just getting regular pedals.

    The cleats are less than $30. It is about the same price you would pay for a good pair of
    "regular" pedals.

    Derek