Pedal recommendation requested

Michael Evans

Guest
Greetings from Colorado!

For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
thinking of just getting regular pedals.

Several times I've seen people mention something that binds your feet to pedals in a similar way
to clipless. I believe there's a belt or something that goes across the pedal at a diagonal, and
you stick your foot in and then twist it back? If this lame description sounds familiar, I'd
appreciate a URL.

Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something decent, with low spin
resistance and light weight. Any insights to this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

>Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something
decent, with low spin resistance and light weight. >>

You already have the shoes, so you just need the pedals and cleats. Check out Nashbar and
Performance. Their SPD clones are usually on sale.

Norm

Michael:

Actually, I don't think there's a better pedal made than he Frogs. I have Bebops, which are similar.
Why not just replace the cleats, if they lasted four years. That's pretty good durability, depending
of course on how much you ride.

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

"Michael Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings from Colorado!
>
> For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
> down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
> thinking of just getting regular pedals.
>
> Several times I've seen people mention something that binds your feet to pedals in a similar way
> to clipless. I believe there's a belt or something that goes across the pedal at a diagonal, and
> you stick your foot in and then twist it back? If this lame description sounds familiar, I'd
> appreciate a URL.
>
> Secondly, what are some good pedal recommendations? I'd like to get something decent, with low
> spin resistance and light weight. Any insights to this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Mike

> For the past four years I've been using Speedplay Frogs on my Tour Easy, but the cleats have worn
> down so much that they don't stay engaged very well. I can't afford to buy new cleats, so I'm
> thinking of just getting regular pedals.

The cleats are less than $30. It is about the same price you would pay for a good pair of
"regular" pedals.

Derek