Pedal Reflectors - where from?

Alistair Gunn wrote:
> With a suitably designed reflector/pedal interface it would be possible,
> on all the recumbents I have experience of, to have reflectors that where
> visible from the front.

Indeed, and I have reflective tape positioned on my pedals where it will
always be visible from the front. Not that anyone's likely to see the
reflectors past the Lumicycles.

Not much I can do to make pedal reflectors visible from the rear, though.

I wrote:
>>Not much I can do to make pedal reflectors visible from the rear, though.

and the insomniac Rob Morley suggested:
> Very wide pedals?
> :)

I've thought in the past that it would be good to have pedals with
really long axles, and that reflectors could be mounted to the axle
extensions. Might encourage wider overtaking, too. On the downside,
they'd be a PITA for filtering.

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7233322893&category=36138>
>

> is one solution for double sided SPDs.

These disintegrated after 2 weeks commuting when I tried them.
TerryJ

In article <[email protected]>
Danny Colyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> I wrote:
> >>Not much I can do to make pedal reflectors visible from the rear, though.

> and the insomniac Rob Morley suggested:
> > Very wide pedals?
> > :)

> I've thought in the past that it would be good to have pedals with
> really long axles, and that reflectors could be mounted to the axle
> extensions. Might encourage wider overtaking, too. On the downside,
> they'd be a PITA for filtering.

Rubber reflectors on springy stalks?