Pedal Slippage

ds0709

May 12, 2004
Can anyone help me on this one.

I have a Cdale R600 and everytime I get on it out of the saddle up a steep hill, the gears slip and I fall forward almost crashing. I thought this might be the fault of a bad rear cassette, so I replaced it ( and upgraded to Ultegra) but on a steep incline yesterday it did the same thing, what am I missing?

Thanks for the help!!

ds0709 said:
Can anyone help me on this one.

I have a Cdale R600 and everytime I get on it out of the saddle up a steep hill, the gears slip and I fall forward almost crashing. I thought this might be the fault of a bad rear cassette, so I replaced it ( and upgraded to Ultegra) but on a steep incline yesterday it did the same thing, what am I missing?

Thanks for the help!!
Maybe the freehub is bad. The chain could be worn out. If it's skipping cogs, the dreailer adjustment could be off. Why don't you take it to a good bike shop if you can't sort it out?

boudreaux said:
Maybe the freehub is bad. The chain could be worn out. If it's skipping cogs, the dreailer adjustment could be off. Why don't you take it to a good bike shop if you can't sort it out?
I would also say a bad rear hub. Try a different rear wheel and see if the problem goes away.