Pedal suggestions

Sevenrider

Mar 7, 2006
I am thinking about some new road pedals.I am a large man 6'3'' 250 with a size 15 shoe (50 cycling shoe).I was leaning towards Time Impact Mag (Large platform) about $150.00 @ Excel Sports.Does anyone have these? Any opinion on what elese would be a good choice?I want to get into more long distance cycling fleche and bervets.Thanks Mark H

Hi

You could also consider the Shimano dura-ace pedal
http://www.dura-ace.com/publish/content/duraace/en/home/the_product0/pedals.html

These also have a wide platform

Regards
Ken

Sevenrider said:
I am thinking about some new road pedals.I am a large man 6'3'' 250 with a size 15 shoe (50 cycling shoe).I was leaning towards Time Impact Mag (Large platform) about $150.00 @ Excel Sports.Does anyone have these? Any opinion on what elese would be a good choice?I want to get into more long distance cycling fleche and bervets.Thanks Mark H

I just bought the Look Keo carbon pedals from probikekit.com they were a stellar deal and arrived to the west coast from the UK in ~5 days, plus they came with cleat covers. They seem pretty good so far, but I admit I haven't ridden on them much yet. I agree with you on the platform size I've ridden Old style look pedals (they were pretty good, as I recall), old shimano spd pedals (these were super small pedals I didn't like em too much), Time equipe mag (these were pretty good pedals they felt really stable and with metal front and rear cleats the cleats would last quite a while walking around) Time equipe Ti. (I'm a big guy ~220lbs... long story short, a spindle on these craked after a year and about 35miles from home... my right leg got a good workout that day) The Time impact (they felt pretty good as a plus they're pretty light compared to the old time, but not as good stability as the old time, but the real kicker on these pedals is the replacement cleats are like $30 and the front post on the cleat would wear down pretty quick).

Sevenrider said:

If your leaning towards Time, I'd go for the NEW RXS or RXE pedals(they replaced Impacts... after only being out for 2 years). I've seen RXE's on Ebay, etc. NEW for like $65 .

I'd personally like to go with this pedal(I will eventually 1-2 more years) , but I'm doing my best trying to burn out my Time Equipe Pro Mags / Criteriums ;)

You may also want to consider Campagnolo Pro-Fits. The best in terms of value are the Centaur, but we all like to have Record components on our bike...

Great pedals, relatively light, Campagnolo quality. 'nuff said... :)