Pedal Type

Originally posted by sloan377
Speedplay Ti Zeros here too! I love 'em
Yeah, they're great. Got to quietly admit, though; I like the X-Series a touch better. Just a touch.

SPD-R but hoping for a set of Speedplay's under the x-mas tree (or 4th of July tree wife-permitting).

Lokstah, I was thinking Zero's. What is the difference between Zero's and the X series -- what is it about the X series that you like better?

Another abstained vote in recognition of the awesomeness that are SPD-SL pedals :p

Another write-in for SPD-SL. By far the best I have ever used.

Time had a shoe weakness with their 4-bolt. Look was weak in the cleats. Speedplay's have too little contact area and are laterally weak. Stratics cleats are hard to walk but the infinitely adjustable float was awesome.

Originally posted by RC2
Lokstah, I was thinking Zero's. What is the difference between Zero's and the X series -- what is it about the X series that you like better?
The key improvement touted with the Zero is that it takes the X's super-free rotational float and adds an adjustability feature. It's a good strategy for roping in Tyler Hamilton fans married to more traditional systems, but for anyone interested in Speedplay's signature float, it's kind of superfluous. Who'd buy Speedplays to run them at 2deg float?

In addition, the Zeros perform fabulously overall, but the slightly more complicated mechanism is (in my opinion) marginally less smooth-operating than the X's clip. If broad float appeals to you, try the X first. Which ever level (X3, X2, etc) fits your budget. The clip and cleat are the same as you go up and down.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by temp3st
You have missed SPD-SL's off that list

Right, same here - SPD-SL is a great system. Also, I see a lot of other folks using them when I am on a club ride.

I use Campy Record Pro-Fit pedals, great pedals but the plastic part of the cleats wears out way too fast.

Mel

Speedplay X3 - hard to beat for $100 and they are an incredible improvement over my SPDs, but I've never tried Looks or any other large platform style pedals.