Pedalforce?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by evilcthul, Jul 1, 2003.

1. evilcthul

evilcthul New Member

Tags:

2. old&slow

old&slow New Member

I have seen one of them but not ridden it. They are actually out of Taiwan, manufactured by Martec who produce carbon stuff for many companies including Kestrel. A BP Stealth is the same thing. The frame finish is stunning. If they ride as nice as they look, they're a bargain. Love some feedback if you do get one.

3. evilcthul

evilcthul New Member

Their guy Mike is very helpful. The prices are also very reasonable. Martek make cranks, handlebars and stems so, I'm seeing if I can grab that as well as the frame/seatpost and make a nice road machine.

4. hua283

hua283 New Member

5. mwhurst

mwhurst New Member

I have inspected the PedalForce ZX2 up close and personal, measured and weighed it and everything was to their published spec's. The PedalForce is a true monocoque frame with no gussets or lugs--it is a beautiful, continuously laid up frame much like the Look KG486. At the LBS I thought they had the PedalForce when I saw the KG486, but it was not the case! It is about as close to a clone of the 486 as you'll get and the layup and finish are fantastic.

I can tell you these are NOT the Kestrel, EPX, or other frames being mentioned, although they might be manufactured by Martec--they just aren't any of those on their website. I'll let you all know how mine works out.

In the meanwhile I talked with a Frenchman, who weighs 100kg (I asked). He built his PedalForce up with a DuraAce9 group and did expert level riding all summer with racing friends. He reported zero durability problems and was very impressed with the ride and climbing ability. He was very pleased and his friends were reportedly thinking of building their own.