Pedals Advice needed

Hi,

Thanks again for your messages. I still can't ride my bike until February, but I decided to buy powergrips and an intermediate pedal until I get more comfortable.

I do have a question though - about the powergrips (but it could also apply to toe clips etc). How does one learn how to "flip the pedal" - It seems I'll be able to start with my right foot in the powergrip, but the left pedal will need to be flipped over to have the strap engage - any advice about with what part of the foot to flip, how to feel comfortable while doing this?

Thank you...happy holidays... :)

Originally posted by tepidarium
Hi,

Thanks again for your messages. I still can't ride my bike until February, but I decided to buy powergrips and an intermediate pedal until I get more comfortable.

I do have a question though - about the powergrips (but it could also apply to toe clips etc). How does one learn how to "flip the pedal" - It seems I'll be able to start with my right foot in the powergrip, but the left pedal will need to be flipped over to have the strap engage - any advice about with what part of the foot to flip, how to feel comfortable while doing this?

Thank you...happy holidays... :)

With a bit of practice you will learn to toe-down kick/lift the front edge of the pedal in such a way that when it spins around your foot is positioned ready to slide forward into the powergrip.

You get one try per mount. If you miss you just put your foot on the pedal and start pushing. When you're moving you can try again.