Pedals for dodgy old knees

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals to try and alleviate
    knee probs I suffer with using spd's. I'm finding it difficult to get
    information as to which pedal would be most suitable. The two I'm
    considering are X2 Stainless and Zero Stainless.

    Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the two are likely to
    be in use?

    Any other feedback also welcome

    Regards

    Paul F

    ---

  2. MSA

    MSA Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the two are likely to
    > be in use?

    http://www.speedplay.com/

    Personally I found the X series had way too much 'easy' float for me,
    and to quote a well used saying "they felt like walking on ice". I
    tried them for 2 weeks, hated them and sold'em. Honking out of the
    saddle was a nightmare, normal riding I 'may' have got used to.

    The zero'x however are adjustable, these may be much better, but I have
    not used them and therefore cannot comment.

    Check the website above for full details.

    I now use ShimaNO 7750's and love 'em. Horses for courses.

    --
    Mark (MSA)
    This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling

  3. tony R

    tony R Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals to try and

    alleviate
    > knee probs I suffer with using spd's. I'm finding it difficult to get
    > information as to which pedal would be most suitable. The two I'm
    > considering are X2 Stainless and Zero Stainless.
    >
    > Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the two are likely

    > be in use?

    No, but please keep us posted on how you go on if you do get some
    Speedplays. I too suffer from dodgy knees with clipless pedals (currently
    trying to persuade the knees to accept a pair of Time ATACs - so far so good
    but only short runs attempted).

    tony R.

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Tony R posted: -

    > No, but please keep us posted on how you go on if you do get some
    > Speedplays. I too suffer from dodgy knees with clipless pedals (currently
    > trying to persuade the knees to accept a pair of Time ATACs - so far so

    good
    > but only short runs attempted).

    Will do Tony although in light of what MSA said I am considering some Time
    Impact as an alternative.

    ---

  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the two are

    likely to
    > > be in use?
    > >

    > http://www.speedplay.com/
    >
    > Personally I found the X series had way too much 'easy' float for me,
    > and to quote a well used saying "they felt like walking on ice". I
    > tried them for 2 weeks, hated them and sold'em. Honking out of the
    > saddle was a nightmare, normal riding I 'may' have got used to.
    >
    > The zero'x however are adjustable, these may be much better, but I have
    > not used them and therefore cannot comment.
    >
    > Check the website above for full details.
    >
    > I now use ShimaNO 7750's and love 'em. Horses for courses.
    >

    > --
    > Mark (MSA)
    > This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling
    > of contents may have occurred during transmission

    Thanks for info

    ---

  6. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:51:16 +0100, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals to try and
    > alleviate knee probs I suffer with using spd's.

    I have distorted leg bones and dodgy knees. SPDs made them very much
    worse very quickly. ATACs are better than clips & straps, and are now
    on every bike and trike I ride (platforms on the unicycle).

    I've never tried speedplays, so that may not be useful.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|