Pedals for dodgy old knees

Paul

Guest
I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals to
try and alleviate knee probs I suffer with using spd's. I'm
finding it difficult to get information as to which pedal
would be most suitable. The two I'm considering are X2
Stainless and Zero Stainless.

Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the
two are likely to be in use?

Any other feedback also welcome

Regards

Paul F

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.691 /
Virus Database: 452 - Release Date: 26/05/2004

In article <40bdbf35$0$20507$cc9e4d1f@news-
text.dial.pipex.com>, [email protected] says...
> Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the
> two are likely to be in use?

http://www.speedplay.com/

Personally I found the X series had way too much 'easy'
float for me, and to quote a well used saying "they felt
like walking on ice". I tried them for 2 weeks, hated them
and sold'em. Honking out of the saddle was a nightmare,
normal riding I 'may' have got used to.

The zero'x however are adjustable, these may be much better,
but I have not used them and therefore cannot comment.

Check the website above for full details.

I now use ShimaNO 7750's and love 'em. Horses for courses.

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals
> to try and
alleviate
> knee probs I suffer with using spd's. I'm finding it
> difficult to get information as to which pedal would be
> most suitable. The two I'm considering are X2 Stainless
> and Zero Stainless.
>
> Can anyone let me know of what the differences between the
> two are likely
> be in use?

No, but please keep us posted on how you go on if you do get
some Speedplays. I too suffer from dodgy knees with clipless
pedals (currently trying to persuade the knees to accept a
pair of Time ATACs - so far so good but only short runs
attempted).

tony R.

Tony R posted: -

> No, but please keep us posted on how you go on if you do
> get some Speedplays. I too suffer from dodgy knees with
> clipless pedals (currently trying to persuade the knees to
> accept a pair of Time ATACs - so far so
good
> but only short runs attempted).

Will do Tony although in light of what MSA said I am
considering some Time Impact as an alternative.

---
virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.691 /
Virus Database: 452 - Release Date: 26/05/2004

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <40bdbf35$0$20507$cc9e4d1f@news-
> text.dial.pipex.com>, [email protected] says...
> > Can anyone let me know of what the differences between
> > the two are
likely to
> > be in use?
> >

> http://www.speedplay.com/
>
> Personally I found the X series had way too much 'easy'
> float for me, and to quote a well used saying "they felt
> like walking on ice". I tried them for 2 weeks, hated them
> and sold'em. Honking out of the saddle was a nightmare,
> normal riding I 'may' have got used to.
>
> The zero'x however are adjustable, these may be much
> better, but I have not used them and therefore cannot
> comment.
>
> Check the website above for full details.
>
> I now use ShimaNO 7750's and love 'em. Horses for courses.
>

> --
> Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight,
> not volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred
> during transmission

Thanks for info

---

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:51:16 +0100, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a pair of Speedplay pedals to
> try and alleviate knee probs I suffer with using spd's.

I have distorted leg bones and dodgy knees. SPDs made them
very much worse very quickly. ATACs are better than clips &
straps, and are now on every bike and trike I ride
(platforms on the unicycle).

I've never tried speedplays, so that may not be useful.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|