Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Pedals, Time atac vs Crank Bros Eggbeaters

Started by Steve · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,451 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 October 2003
Last activity
16 October 2003
Original author
Steve
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,451
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Planning to pick up a set of platform pedal with clips. Either the Crank Brothers Mallets or the
    Time Z control pedal. Presently run Specialized Mountain pro shoe on a Time ATAC alum. OR a hiking
    approach shoe on a BMX flat (X/C f/s bike) wanted to get something that allowed me to ride clips AND
    able to ride unclipped over the rooty stuff and not slip around. Anyone had any experience with
    either of these pedals or a shoe like the mountain pro on a clip flat? TIA
    --
    Steve

  2. "Steve" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Planning to pick up a set of platform pedal with clips. Either the Crank Brothers Mallets or the
    Time Z control pedal. Presently run Specialized Mountain pro shoe on a Time ATAC alum. OR a


    hiking

    Quoted message said:

    approach shoe on a BMX flat (X/C f/s bike) wanted to get something that allowed me to ride clips
    AND able to ride unclipped over the rooty stuff


    and

    Quoted message said:

    not slip around. Anyone had any experience with either of these pedals or a shoe like the mountain
    pro on a clip flat? TIA
    --
    Steve


    Excuse me, but why do you want to ride in hiking boots? We passed that stage in the late 80s...

    I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I want my feet firmly attached to my pedals when I'm
    trying to negotiate the tricky stuff.

    Having said that, the Times and Eggbeaters are basically the same pedal. Pick one.

    Mike

  3. Take a look at the current crop of hiking shoe - they are NOT like the 80's ver. I like the platform
    (BMX) because I find that I'm less likely to crash when not clipped in (we are talking low speed -
    tech trail ( not shore stuff) and I'm more likely to push myself more and try different lines, but
    feel that climbing is suffering because of the flats. Just trying to find an all-round pedal for me.

    Steve

    "Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:x5Fjb.66692$vj2.2142@fed1read06...

    Quoted message said:


    "Steve" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Planning to pick up a set of platform pedal with clips. Either the Crank Brothers Mallets or the
    Time Z control pedal. Presently run Specialized Mountain pro shoe on a Time ATAC alum. OR a


    hiking

    Quoted message said:

    approach shoe on a BMX flat (X/C f/s bike) wanted to get something that allowed me to ride clips
    AND able to ride unclipped over the rooty stuff


    and

    Quoted message said:

    not slip around. Anyone had any experience with either of these pedals or a shoe like the
    mountain pro on a clip flat? TIA
    --
    Steve


    Excuse me, but why do you want to ride in hiking boots? We passed that stage in the late 80s...

    I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I want my feet firmly attached


    to

    Quoted message said:

    my pedals when I'm trying to negotiate the tricky stuff.

    Having said that, the Times and Eggbeaters are basically the same pedal. Pick one.

    Mike

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.