Pedals, Time atac vs Crank Bros Eggbeaters

Steve

Guest
Planning to pick up a set of platform pedal with clips. Either the Crank Brothers Mallets or the
Time Z control pedal. Presently run Specialized Mountain pro shoe on a Time ATAC alum. OR a hiking
approach shoe on a BMX flat (X/C f/s bike) wanted to get something that allowed me to ride clips AND
able to ride unclipped over the rooty stuff and not slip around. Anyone had any experience with
either of these pedals or a shoe like the mountain pro on a clip flat? TIA
--
Steve

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Planning to pick up a set of platform pedal with clips. Either the Crank Brothers Mallets or the
> Time Z control pedal. Presently run Specialized Mountain pro shoe on a Time ATAC alum. OR a
hiking
> approach shoe on a BMX flat (X/C f/s bike) wanted to get something that allowed me to ride clips
> AND able to ride unclipped over the rooty stuff
and
> not slip around. Anyone had any experience with either of these pedals or a shoe like the mountain
> pro on a clip flat? TIA
> --
> Steve

Excuse me, but why do you want to ride in hiking boots? We passed that stage in the late 80s...

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I want my feet firmly attached to my pedals when I'm
trying to negotiate the tricky stuff.

Having said that, the Times and Eggbeaters are basically the same pedal. Pick one.

Mike

Take a look at the current crop of hiking shoe - they are NOT like the 80's ver. I like the platform
(BMX) because I find that I'm less likely to crash when not clipped in (we are talking low speed -
tech trail ( not shore stuff) and I'm more likely to push myself more and try different lines, but
feel that climbing is suffering because of the flats. Just trying to find an all-round pedal for me.

Steve