pedals to tire, tips

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unijesse, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    i wanna learn to go from the pedals to the tire then back, whats the
    best wayto learn tis? should i do it w/ a 180 unispin? or just straight
    up? any other tips would be greatly appreciated

    hanks

    jesse

    --
    unijesse

    www.unicycletips.com

    I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
    hernia.-catboy
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  2. skate4flip

    skate4flip Guest

    can you do hop on tire fine with out the transistion to pedals? If not,
    i would suggest that.

    I could make a short video of different ways getting to the tire or to
    the pedals if you want.

    --
    skate4flip

    Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x), '25000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4), post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
    reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6), post '41000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9ugos), and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
    in most replys!!!

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 3/03/06*
    skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

  3. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  4. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    you mean hopping on the wheel, right?
    that requires a 90 degree unispin...check the Marsh Sister's website:
    http://marsht.tripod.com/
    it has some really awesome info for unicycling.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

    mikael
    atkinson...............................................................................jonny
    peacock is my main man.
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

  5. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  6. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    i no longer need help i can do it now

    the advice ill give is: jsut go for it and i put i foot on the crown
    and one on the tire and try to like push your feet together and keep
    them there dont let the tire foot let the tire roll,then just drop down
    to the pedals

    it takes a few times to get ti right just practice it

    --
    unijesse

    www.unicycletips.com

    I told him that Kris was a little bit behind me, and he nearly had a
    hernia.-catboy

    Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  7. hecklar

    hecklar Guest

    That's exactly what i was messing around with tonite. I can jump from
    the ground up to the tire, do a couple hops, and then 90o unispin back
    down to the pedals. But, i guess i'm still a little afraid of going
    from pedals to the tire. Today was the first time i've ever jumped
    from the ground straight up to the tire though, so maybe it'll be
    nothing from pedals to tire. Hmm.

    So you don't turn the uni sideways (90o) when you go from pedals to
    tire? I've never actually considered doing it that way.

    Maybe i'll just get up the nerve, and try to jump from pedals to tire
    tomorrow; and quit being suck a baby. Thanks for posting your advice.

    --
    hecklar
    hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917

  8. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    hecklar wrote:
    > That's exactly what i was messing around with tonite. I can jump from
    > the ground up to the tire, do a couple hops, and then 90o unispin back
    > down to the pedals. But, i guess i'm still a little afraid of going
    > from pedals to the tire. Today was the first time i've ever jumped
    > from the ground straight up to the tire though, so maybe it'll be
    > nothing from pedals to tire. Hmm.
    >
    > So you don't turn the uni sideways (90o) when you go from pedals to
    > tire? I've never actually considered doing it that way.
    >
    > Maybe i'll just get up the nerve, and try to jump from pedals to tire
    > tomorrow; and quit being suck a baby. Thanks for posting your advice.

    yeah i go straight up w/o a spin, its easier for me i tryed the 90*one
    but fell and i cant hop on the tire at all so i dont even try.

    when you do fall its more of just stepping off the uni so dont worry a
    bout falling. youve just got to go for it dont think abotu it its
    easier than it looks