PEDALS: *What* are you using and *Why*?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by WinkWink726, Jun 24, 2010.

1. WinkWink726

WinkWink726 New Member

I'm looking for Pros and Cons on different SPD pedals from folks who have actually used the different models available (instead of what people have read online).

Tell me what you're using and why (and I'm hoping that this will help me to decide what I should get into on my bike)

Tags:

2. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

I'll presume you're looking for opinions on the different clipless pedaling systems - Look, Time, Speedplay, Shimano SPD, etc...

I'm using Look Keo Cromoly on my three bikes because they're relatively lightweight and the price is right. Not the easiest to walk in without the rubber covers, but manageable for the short amount of walking I do in my cycling shoes.

FYI, SPD = Shimano Pedaling Dynamics. Shimano's proprietary system, not the industry standard.

3. WinkWink726

WinkWink726 New Member

I'm actually already decided on SPD, as this is what my shies are and the other bonus is that this is what is comparable with my spin class too. ;)

4. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

Ok. Mea culpa. Totally ignorant apart from the 3 levels (differences appear to be weight and cost) offered from Shimano.

5. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Dang, I thought the title read "PEDs what are you using and why"?:D