Pedals

Jamie

Guest
This is just a quick question .What pedal do you all use .I have frogs and spd's .I like the frog's
better but have heard that the new cleat's by frog are not that great .Any body had any troubles
with the new cleat's.I was thinking of going to just 1 pedal type but am a little scared of the new
cleats.thanks .
J/O Trailblazer At large !!

Jamie wrote:
> This is just a quick question .What pedal do you all use .I have frogs and spd's .I like the
> frog's better but have heard that the new cleat's by frog are not that great .Any body had any
> troubles with the new cleat's.I was thinking of going to just 1 pedal type but am a little scared
> of the new cleats.thanks .
> J/O Trailblazer At large !!

I love my egg beaters. MUCH better then SPDs. But, I haven't tried frogs. The egg beaters hold when
you want them to and twist out easily. With SPDs, I always had problems getting the spring tension
adjusted so that I didn't occasionally yank out in tough terrain, but could still twist out when I
wanted to. Not a problem with the egg beaters. Even though they're not adjustable! Easy click-in;
easy twist-out; holds unless you twist. And, they're light!

If you do decide to try egg beaters, don't get last year's left-overs (selling for 1/2 price most
places). This year they improved the bearings a lot! The old ones need regular rebuilding
(probably why Crank Bros sells the rebuild kit for only $15). When my current set wears out, I'll
probably look into the Look knock-off to compare how their bearings are holding-up compared to the
new Crank Bros.

David

"James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No problems with my Time ATAC Carbons.

Same here. Two years old now, about 2500 miles of VA mountains singletrack. I haven't touched a
thing on them yet, other than putting on some new cleats yesterday. They hold securely but
release dependably. YMMV.
--
Off to ride the mountains, Dale Heath To reply, poke out my eye.