pedals

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by primus, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. primus

    primus Guest

    Tags:

  2. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    any thing thats good for free ride mountain biking works for uni
    Kona
    Wellgo
    Dimondback
    axiom
    shimano
    Etc.

    --
    Radical Reed

    'My Gallery has two vids in it'
    (http://tinyurl.com/7of4d)
    no body reads these any more
    hurry up summer I miss MUni:(
    011100100110010101100101011001000010000001101001011100110010000001110011011011110010000001100011011011110110111101101100
    decode this'Here' (http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php)
    Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

  3. alandrex

    alandrex Guest

  4. joshuni

    joshuni Guest

    i've broken a few sets of plastic and metal pedals, but i'm using
    eastern pedals right now with removable screws, they're great. super
    grippy and very strong

    --
    joshuni

    "and try not to worry about hurting yourself, because if you really
    cared that much then you wouldn't be riding around on a wheel. :p"
    -spudman

    "quitting smoking is about as hard as starting flossing" -Comedy
    Central, auther unknown
    joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

  5. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  6. markf

    markf Guest

    those look semi-heavy, over priced and not that grippy. the pins don't
    look very long or like their in great places. snafus are the best
    pedals for my money. sturdy but not too expensive so when they wear out
    you can afford to get more. shinburgers are also reportedly incredibly
    sturdy. i know seager really like his konas.

    --
    markf

    stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

  7. underdog

    underdog Guest

    trials_uni wrote:
    > i like my kona platforms for trials...3.5x3.5" platform with 10
    > removabable pins on each side.

    these are what I ride too. Good, strong pedals. I think I paid
    somewhere around $30 for 'em at the LBS.

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

  8. Benjy

    Benjy Guest

  9. get some wellgo platform pedals with removable pins. they are like, 15$
    BMX pedals and they come in all different colors. you can always
    replace the pins (or remove them for grinding) easily, your feet wont
    fall off and the will be plenty to take most kinds of abuses.

    --
    francistorker
    francistorker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11824

  10. Johann3s

    Johann3s Guest

  11. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    those 5050's are good for trials, because they're easy to get the pins
    out of one side, and the plates, you can remove, and replace after you
    grind on them a million times.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    *"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    *"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
    BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  12. The Bruiser

    The Bruiser Guest

    i think the wellgo's come with the 2006 DX which is what i have and i
    like those pedals, good grip, but the only problem is all the
    reflectors broke off within a very short period of time like a month.
    everything else is good about it wear shin gaurds though. The snafu
    pedals look nice too those would be my next pedals prob.

    --
    The Bruiser

    lvl 3 unicyclist, move out the way haha
    Muni
    MUni
    ni
    The Bruiser's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11352

  13. entropy

    entropy Guest

    I ride with the (previously mentioned) drilled-out Brooklyn Shinburgers.
    They hold your feet like glue, which is good, because if you slip off,
    you *not* enjoy what happens next. The "bear-trap" nick-name is well
    deserved. They're extremely heavy, huge, and more or less a
    demolition-grade MUni pedal. If they get dull, just file some points
    back on 'em and ride on - no need to change bent pins.

    [image: http://www.monkamoo.com/Buy Images/bmwshinburgerbuy.jpg]

    The aspect that I like most about them is the large platform area they
    provide. It's somewhat forgiving with respect to foot placement,
    assuming you don't altogether miss.

    --
    entropy
    entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

  14. fordfasterr

    fordfasterr Guest

    I just slapped a wellgo set on my 24" ebay gravity uni... within 5
    minutes i was bleeding nicely....

    I just removed all of the studs/pins from it.. I had to leave 8 on each
    side that I can't seem to find how to get them out.. but those don't
    bother me since they are on the far ends of the pedals... I saved the
    studs in case I want to re-install them some day...

    MAN =) Awesome pedals for $ 20 at the LBS.

    [image: http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/54/9c/49_1_b.JPG]

    --
    fordfasterr

    Fav Quotes:
    A. {Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small
    minds discuss people.}
    B. {The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.}
    AIM SN: FordFasteR - 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636R carfree.com whyquit.com
    fordfasterr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11890

  15. unicyclepa

    unicyclepa Guest