Pedals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireman_1

Aug 10, 2003
I am wanting to get back to riding with clipless pedals and have checked out the "new" Crank bros Mallets and whatever the hell Time called their offer into the large platform clipless field. I have never ridden either brand and would appreciate thoughts on them (good or bad). I used to ride the Shimano DH pedals but once I moved here to the land of perpetual mud (Oregon) I quickly got rid of them and moved to BMX type flats. Now that my pedalling habits suck again I'd like to reverse some of the damage to my efficiency. I prefer the large platform pedals though I am not a DHer. I like the idea of not having to be locked in during some of the technical roots/rocks junk up here. Anyway, fire away. Thanks.

K.

I love my Time Z-TACs but I don't know about the others you mention. The Z-tacs work well in every
situation I've tried including mud. Rick B

"ireman_1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am wanting to get back to riding with clipless pedals and have checked out the "new" Crank bros
> Mallets and whatever the hell Time called their offer into the large platform clipless field. I
> have never ridden either brand and would appreciate thoughts on them (good or bad). I used to ride
> the Shimano DH pedals but once I moved here to the land of perpetual mud (Oregon) I quickly got
> rid of them and moved to BMX type flats. Now that my pedalling habits suck again I'd like to
> reverse some of the damage to my efficiency. I prefer the large platform pedals though I am not a
> DHer. I like the idea of not having to be locked in during some of the technical roots/rocks junk
> up here. Anyway, fire away. Thanks.
>
> K.
>
>
>
> --
> Don't give up, don't ever give up.
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

> I am wanting to get back to riding with clipless pedals and have checked out the "new" Crank bros
> Mallets and whatever the hell Time called their offer into the large platform clipless field. I
> have never ridden either brand and would appreciate thoughts on them (good or bad). I used to ride
> the Shimano DH pedals but once I moved here to the land of perpetual mud (Oregon) I quickly got
> rid of them and moved to BMX type flats. Now that my pedalling habits suck again I'd like to
> reverse some of the damage to my efficiency. I prefer the large platform pedals though I am not a
> DHer. I like the idea of not having to be locked in during some of the technical roots/rocks junk
>
> K.

Time's are good in the mud, but nothing is better than an Eggbeater...which the Mallets are based
on. Perfect mud shedding, easy in and out, easy rebuilding. And, if I remember, less expensive than
ATAC dealies. Don't know how the Mallets relate to Time's platform-and-clip offering, price-wise.

Chris

Have fun going back to clipless, I tried doing that and I found it hard as I never felt comfortable
when I would be going down tech stuff. Even if you can unclip and stand on the pedal your shoes
won't grip them very well. The other thing is your balance, you might feel unbalanced at first b/c
your feet position will be different. I will admit though if you are trying to conquer some
technical uphills they will probably be able to give you that extra oomph to really spin your cranks
and generate some power, that is the only place where I miss my clipless.

>
> K.
>
>
>
> --
> Don't give up, don't ever give up.
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

Status