pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John B McClatch, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    style? Please respond to my email address.

Tags:

2. "John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    > style? Please respond to my email address.
    >

To your email address...

I'm concidering changing my Speedplay X2 cleats for this season. After 15000 km of work, they are
    beginning to look a bit worn.

HB

3. I have around 13,000 miles on my X2's They look okay

"John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat

4. Sj

Sj Guest

I change the spring set on my Speedplay X-1's once a year. The spring retainers start to get flat
    spots worn on them after 8-9,000 miles. I rode one set of springs for about 15,000 miles but one
    finally snapped. The spring set is only about $10 or so.

--
    SJ

"John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

5. I go through springs at least twice as fast. Perhaps it's due to all the fixed gear and trainer
    riding I do. I wear out the metal face of the cleats at least once a year, and replace the entire
    cleat. I used to use the $10 cleat covers, but they get lost too easily.

"SJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I change the spring set on my Speedplay X-1's once a year. The spring retainers start to get flat
    > spots worn on them after 8-9,000 miles. I rode one set of springs for about 15,000 miles but one
    > finally snapped. The spring set is only about $10 or so.
    >
    > --
    > SJ
    >
    > "John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable
    > > cleat style? Please respond to my email address.
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.