pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John B McClatch, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    style? Please respond to my email address.

    Tags:

  2. "John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    > style? Please respond to my email address.

    To your email address...

    I'm concidering changing my Speedplay X2 cleats for this season. After 15000 km of work, they are
    beginning to look a bit worn.

    HB

  3. I have around 13,000 miles on my X2's They look okay

    "John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    > style? Please respond to my email address.

  4. Sj

    Sj Guest

    I change the spring set on my Speedplay X-1's once a year. The spring retainers start to get flat
    spots worn on them after 8-9,000 miles. I rode one set of springs for about 15,000 miles but one
    finally snapped. The spring set is only about $10 or so.

    --
    SJ

    "John B McClatchey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for new road pedals. Durability of cleats is important. What is the most durable cleat
    > style? Please respond to my email address.

  5. I go through springs at least twice as fast. Perhaps it's due to all the fixed gear and trainer
    riding I do. I wear out the metal face of the cleats at least once a year, and replace the entire
    cleat. I used to use the $10 cleat covers, but they get lost too easily.