Peddling caffeine

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by PiledHigher, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Bleve

Bleve Guest

2. flyingdutch

flyingdutch New Member

can vouch for the quality of coffee (altho the service can vary...)
    but it's OK cos they are lobbying to get cyclists licensed
    :rolleyes:

3. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

A problem, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here. Too much robusta in the blend, first thing in the morning, makes me horribly sick-in-the-guts. (hardly a terrific way to start the day :eek: ) Anyway I prefer Arabica such as the Friends of Aileu coffee available for sale at several councils such as Yarra, Moreland & Darebin.

4. Shabby

Shabby New Member

5. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

I'm finished by 7am on weekdays. but weekends?? Hell no.

6. ProfTournesol

ProfTournesol New Member

coffee is always better when Danny is making it but I haven;t seen him there recently, come to think of it I haven't been in Australia recently!

7. jazmo

jazmo New Member

They could be having a coffee before they leave - lot's of bunches meet there as a departure point.

I'm a regular there and I must say that the service isn't as good as it was say 2-3 years ago.

Talking about the poser aspect, I'll never forget one wet day in the late morning when a rider turned up dressed in white riding gear. It was clean - either he'd just riden 1 km from home or had a rear mudguard on his carbon fibre bike.

But generally I don't think the Cafe Wanker title really fits - if so, it could be a name branded to a host of cafes popular with cyclists.

8. slaw

slaw New Member

Have you tried Beraldo, down the bottom of High St hill? They do a number of blends and if you buy some coffee there you can have a free cuppa. Their house blend is pretty nice.