Pedestrians and cyclists ignore shared walk/bikepath rules.

i was on the cycleway we have in southern tasmania, its a two lane pathway with a clear centre line. And most of the way is is a grass verge on the left side. i was dumb founded when i had to veer onto the verge as 3 cyclist decided to stop and have a chat in the middle of the pathway taking up the whole track! I cant understand why they wouldnt have moved onto the verge so they could have their convo!

if i was on my mountain bike instead of my new roadie i would have delibratly plowed into them!

I reckon there is a lot of sooking going on in here. :)

Bike paths should be riden at a 'family friendly' pace and when used you should observe a high degree of tolerance. If you want to go faster then get out on a real MTB track or ride on the road like a real man or woman. :)

Oh and stop sooking. Its so 1923 :)

Riding on bike paths/cycleways is analogous to driving in peak hour traffic - you adjust your speed to suit the conditions and remain alert at all times.

Doggatas, you need to spend some time in a rural area - try hooning round a corner at warp factor 5 only to find a couple of your neighbours have stopped their cars in the middle of the road for a bit of a natter. :eek:

Thank goodness for ABS, is all I can say. :p

Nah, that was the STi. I haven't activated the ABS on the Jag .... yet. :p

existence said:
I reckon there is a lot of sooking going on in here. :)

Bike paths should be riden at a 'family friendly' pace and when used you should observe a high degree of tolerance. If you want to go faster then get out on a real MTB track or ride on the road like a real man or woman. :)

Oh and stop sooking. Its so 1923 :)
+1000

(Not everyday I agree with existence :p )

DamianM said:
+1000

(Not everyday I agree with existence :p )
You feeling a bit off colour today Damo? lol I had just finished zipping up my flame-retardant suit...:p

existence said:
You feeling a bit off colour today Damo? lol I had just finished zipping up my flame-retardant suit...:p
Not at all. I'm in total agreeance. If you want to ride on shared paths, you got to learn to share them. Being a ****** with an air horn to scare of people going for their nightly walk around the park is NO different from wankers in cars who lay in to the horn when they get slowed down 5 seconds to the next red light by someone on a bike.

There is a difference between a ****** of motorist on his horn at a cyclist and a pedestrian on a shared path. A cyclist will stay to the left on the road or shared path compared with many pedestrian that wonder like browns cows.

Donald