Pedros ICE Wax

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
I've been looking at cleaning and lubricate products. I see this Pedros Ice Wax is liked a lot but I'm confused, do you use this on the chain instead of oil?

jwroubaix said:
I've been looking at cleaning and lubricate products. I see this Pedros Ice Wax is liked a lot but I'm confused, do you use this on the chain instead of oil?
Yes.

Pedros ICE Wax is a dry lubricant that is used on the chain. The good thing about dry lubricants is that they do not attract and retain dirt and dust the way that a wet lube like oil does. ICE Wax does work well but you do have to clean your chain periodically.

I like ProLink for my chain lube. It is a wet lube but it is environmentally friendly and is good for any weather. It also cleans as well as lubricates the chain as you ride. After 100 - 200 miles, you just wipe the chain off and relube it. Takes 10 minutes without a chain scrubber and solvents:p.

I believe you're supposed to use Syn Lube or a similar product in conjunction with the Ice Wax. I alternate the two and it seems to work well without allowing too much **** (lube included) to accumulate on the chain.