Pedro's Road Rage Bicycle Lube

I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
ever used.

Simon wrote:
> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> ever used.

An exact account of my experience with Ice Wax. Don't bother with
it. I found myself putting it on every ride only to have noisy
clatter return after about an hour.

I now use Le Tour lube that I got from Branford Bike (the store that
burnt down but is now back in business I think). It's great stuff
and silenced my aging Veloce drive-train a treat. I put some on
every couple of weeks (about 300 to 500kms).

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

Simon wrote:
> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> ever used.

Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

On May 10, 3:20 pm, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> Simon wrote:
> > I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
> > used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
> > generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
> > gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
> > lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
> > ever used.

> Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I wonder if their pumps are any good? I've been thinking of picking
one up from Torpedo7, based on their advert material - but if it's all
hot air I'd love to know.

Donga

Bean Long said:
It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's range:

Not quite the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not kidding.

Donga wrote:
> On May 10, 3:20 pm, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Simon wrote:
>>> I bought Pedro's Ice Wax because PBK told me to and I may as well have
>>> used soap. I did everything it said - cleaned the chain first, applied
>>> generously, allowed it to "set up" overnight - and my dura ace running
>>> gear could not complete 100kms without squeaking. Maybe Road Rage is
>>> lighter and better for the road, but Ice Wax is the worst lube I have
>>> ever used.

>> Maybe road rage is what you get after using Pedro's products?!
>>
>> --
>> Bean
>>
>> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

> I wonder if their pumps are any good? I've been thinking of picking
> one up from Torpedo7, based on their advert material - but if it's all
> hot air I'd love to know.
>
> Donga

The tyre levers work fine ;)

--
//Adam F

On 2007-05-10, SomeGuy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bean Long Wrote:
>> It's what it says it is! PBK sell what seems to be the entire Pedro's
>> range:

> Not -quite- the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't
> stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not
> kidding.

It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

--
John
His mind is like a steel trap - full of mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn

John Pitts said:

> Not -quite- the whole range. Unlike chainreaction cycles they don't
> stock pedro's lip balm (in three different flavours). No I'm not
> kidding.[/color]

It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

Why not stick to Coca Cola? It cleans bicycle components AND you could even drink the stuff. Or you could try pepsi. ;)

On 2007-05-10, cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote:

> John Pitts Wrote:
>>
>> It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!

> Why not stick to Coca Cola? It cleans bicycle components AND you could
> even drink the stuff.

Yes, as a drink it makes a wonderful degreaser.

> Or you could try pepsi. ;)

Erk.

--
John
If you wanna end war and stuff, you gotta sing loud! - Arlo Guthrie

On May 10, 9:09 pm, Adam F <[email protected]> wrote:

> The tyre levers work fine ;)
>
> --
> //Adam F- Hide quoted text -

Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.

Donga

Donga wrote:

> Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
> they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.

Yeah... I got a set of those. The little lip at the end of one now
bends the OTHER way. I only carry them now in case my other ones break.
--

On May 11, 8:56 am, Bean Long <[email protected]> wrote:
> Donga wrote:
> > Unlike the 'Continental' ones I bought cheaply in my last PBK order -
> > they seem to be made of cheese, the way they bend.

> Yeah... I got a set of those. The little lip at the end of one now
> bends the OTHER way. I only carry them now in case my other ones break.
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Hmmm, psychological effect only. Might as well bin them.

Donga