Pedro's Spoke Key

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ant, May 23, 2003.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    why doesnt everyone have one? A dollar or two more than the park tool. same price as the spokey.

    all metal, instead of plastic like the spokey. rubber grips, instead of metal like the DT. *both*
    the park-type nipple slot, and the DT/spokey-type three-corner hold. two options on one key, so
    the first half of the wheel goes quickly, but you can use the three corner grip when the tension
    is higher.

    ive never seen them in stores, or even in most mail order places. i ordered one, just built a wheel
    with it, and coudlnt be happier.

    Tags:

  2. Easy answer. the practical ideas (or the ones that make it nicer for us average guys) rarely do very
    well in the bicycle industry.

    Unless, of course, the racing crowd likes them too.

  3. ant-<< why doesnt everyone have one? A dollar or two more than the park tool. same price as
    the spokey.

    Just got all three and they are 'okay'. Bit of a pain to determine if the slots are square or the
    thother way and I kinda liked the convex-ness of the park ones...

    Okay but not amazingly better than Park..

    I prefer tha Park one for most wheels, or the DT one...

    >why doesnt everyone have one? A dollar or two more than the park tool. same price as the spokey.
    >all metal, instead of plastic like the spokey. rubber grips, instead of metal like the DT. *both*
    >the park-type nipple slot, and the DT/spokey-type three-corner hold. two options on one key, so the
    >first half of the wheel goes quickly, but you can use the three corner grip when the tension is
    >higher. ive never seen them in stores, or even in most mail order places. i ordered one, just built
    >a wheel with it, and coudlnt be happier.

    I already own a spokey. Also, one of the very first pedro products I bought, milk levers, broke the
    first time I used them. So I am not going to stop using a tool that has proven itself for a tool
    that is new from a company that has made crappy tools in the past.
    -----------
    Alex

  5. "I already own a spokey. Also, one of the very first pedro products I bought, milk levers, broke the
    first time I used them. So I am not going to stop using a tool that has proven itself for a tool
    that is new from a company that has made crappy tools in the past.
    -----------
    Alex"

    What's a milk lever? I have milk _cages_ on my road bike, Great inventions, even ignoring their
    "green"er points! They are light (28 gr.) don't crack like regular plastic ones or get bent out of
    shape like aluminum.

  6. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > "Alex": "I already own a spokey. Also, one of the very first pedro products I bought, milk levers,
    > broke the first time I used them. So I am not going to stop using a tool that has proven itself
    > for a tool that is new from a company that has made crappy tools in the past.

    "Chris Zacho "The Wheelman"" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What's a milk lever? I have milk _cages_ on my road bike, Great inventions, even ignoring their
    > "green"er points! They are light (28 gr.) don't crack like regular plastic ones or get bent out of
    > shape like aluminum.

    Pedro's also supplied a tire lever from the same material at one time