Peeing during events

Broooz

Guest
I am training for my first triathlon and have a problem that I need to pee during the event.
After the swim, I am always desperate - I am told this is to do with the kidneys reacting to the
lack of pressure on the body when swimming. That wastes 1 minute. Then during the run, I am
bursting for a pee.

Is this a common problem or does it mean that I am drinking too much before or during. But I am wary
of cutting back on fluids as well. How do people cope with this or is an acceptable alternative to
find a quiet spot during the run, or is this regarded as poor form?

Broooz <[email protected]> wrote:
>I am training for my first triathlon and have a problem that I need to pee during the event.
>After the swim, I am always desperate - I am told this is to do with the kidneys reacting to the
>lack of pressure on the body when swimming. That wastes 1 minute. Then during the run, I am
>bursting for a pee.
>
>Is this a common problem or does it mean that I am drinking too much before or during. But I am
>wary of cutting back on fluids as well. How do people

Particularly in cold water, this is a natural response by the body. If you're looking for best time,
do it just before you get out of the water. And take the suit off in 3ft of water - it comes off
very easy there, more so than it will at in T zone. (but in waves, not ideal).

Most races will bounce you if you're seen exposed. Either hit the porto, or hold it in for the
shorter races.
--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Broooz wrote:
> I am training for my first triathlon and have a problem that I need to pee during the event.
> After the swim, I am always desperate - I am told this is to do with the kidneys reacting to the
> lack of pressure on the body when swimming. That wastes 1 minute. Then during the run, I am
> bursting for a pee.

At Queenstown last weekend, before the race it was a tough decision to go to the portable toilets or
just put the wetsuit on. Down here it's usually cold enough that you see all these athletes with
strange expressions on their faces, then one says "It's much warmer now..." Stu

Pee in your wetsuit just before the end of the swim.......if it's a long event, taking a minute in
the porta-potty is no big deal

Alternatively, pee while on the bike....just make sure it doesn't pool in your shoes and be certain
to clean the bike after the race

"Broooz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am training for my first triathlon and have a problem that I need to pee during the event. After
> the swim, I am always desperate - I am told this
is
> to do with the kidneys reacting to the lack of pressure on the body when swimming. That wastes 1
> minute. Then during the run, I am bursting for a pee.
>
> Is this a common problem or does it mean that I am drinking too much
before
> or during. But I am wary of cutting back on fluids as well. How do
people
> cope with this or is an acceptable alternative to find a quiet spot during the run, or is this
> regarded as poor form?

"Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:T4Ofa.27687$S%[email protected]...
> Pee in your wetsuit just before the end of the swim.......if it's a long event, taking a minute in
> the porta-potty is no big deal
>
> Alternatively, pee while on the bike....just make sure it doesn't pool in your shoes and be
> certain to clean the bike after the race

Thanks hadn't thought of that - not sure I like it!!!

Gentlemen,

Urination and defecation are OFF LIMITS for discussion. Please refer to the following groups if you
want to talk about waste elimination:

alt.****, alt.peepee, alt.numberone, alt.weewee alt.****, alt.****, alt.****, alt.dookey,
alt.numbertwo, alt.fecal.matter, alt.feces, alt.excrement, fr.alt.merde

You have been warmed! Persist and you will be flushed.

RST Decency Team (sponsored in part by the Ty-dee-bowl man)

"Broooz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:T4Ofa.27687$S%[email protected]...
> > Pee in your wetsuit just before the end of the swim.......if it's a long event, taking a minute
> > in the porta-potty is no big deal
> >
> > Alternatively, pee while on the bike....just make sure it doesn't pool in your shoes and be
> > certain to clean the bike after the race
>
> Thanks hadn't thought of that - not sure I like it!!!

I once shat in a confessional. I didn't mean to. The whole church cleared out. When the padre has to
go, clear the whole parish!

Fr. Guido

[email protected] (RST Restoration Committee) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Gentlemen,
>
> Urination and defecation are OFF LIMITS for discussion. Please refer to the following groups if
> you want to talk about waste elimination:
>
> alt.****, alt.peepee, alt.numberone, alt.weewee alt.****, alt.****, alt.****, alt.dookey,
> alt.numbertwo, alt.fecal.matter, alt.feces, alt.excrement, fr.alt.merde
>
> You have been warmed! Persist and you will be flushed.
>
> RST Decency Team (sponsored in part by the Ty-dee-bowl man)
>

> "Broooz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Frank Tantillo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:T4Ofa.27687$S%[email protected]...
> > > Pee in your wetsuit just before the end of the swim.......if it's a long event, taking a
> > > minute in the porta-potty is no big deal
> > >
> > > Alternatively, pee while on the bike....just make sure it doesn't pool in your shoes and be
> > > certain to clean the bike after the race
> >
> > Thanks hadn't thought of that - not sure I like it!!!

who cares about form when ya gotta go? I've heard of some peeing while running or cycling, but me I
gotta head for the bushes.