pegoretti bikes???

dougal said:
pegoretti - anyone got one - what is the big deal?
Don't have one, but the deal is that they are hand made, beautiful examples of old-school Italian craftsmanship. When I say old-school I mean no carbon or titanium - all straight, round tubes of steel and aluminum. If new are looking for the newest thing in lightweight carbon technology or hydroformed Al, then these are not for you. If you are looking for a quality, well made piece piece of art that you are not going to see under every rider, then these are for you. They are also fairly reasonably priced for hand-made Italian bikes.
That is all I know. I have never had the opportuity to ride one.

Had a look at a Pegorretti frame in a bikeshop last week. Absolutely beautiful. Fantastic paintjob. Columbus steel tubing. Was on sale for €250 and I would have been tempted except it was too big for me.

They are very well made, very good looking, and usually have eye catching and extremely original paint jobs.

I suspect that they are great frames to ride and tend to be purchased by people who keep their frames for years and years.

Powerful Pete said:
They are very well made, very good looking, and usually have eye catching and extremely original paint jobs.

I suspect that they are great frames to ride and tend to be purchased by people who keep their frames for years and years.
I have also heard that the Pegoretti brothers have been making bikes for pros for years and have only been selling them under their name for a relatively short time. They are real beauties. :cool:

Are you kidding? Pegoretti's are pretty much the cat's meow in bikes, like a Richard Sachs. This one here, the Duende, is my next and probably last steel bike - though not in this paint scheme.

Frame & fork can be had for around $1900. the last price I got, custom geom adds $200. (Click the thumbnail to enlarge)