Pelvic tilt fitting page



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Callas

Guest
http://www.summerblue.net/misc/fitting/index.html

I normally post in uk.rec.cycling, so you lot don't know me.

I'm scoliotic and so have a significant pelvic tilt. After some years, I've finally figured out what
appears to me to be the correct solution.

I've written a page documenting what I've learned.

--
Callas
 
J

Jtn

Guest
on another note, I talked to Roy nickman about this in 1987 due to our leg length discrepancies, is
about 1/2" and mine is about 3/4". we both discussed our methods of solves and came to the same
conclusion that it is best just to ride without any modifications but to keep the lifts in our shoes
while not riding/racing. this kept the knee pains away but not the IT band problems.
 
C

Callas

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> so where do you get the shims for the cleat?

Depends on the cleat. I've only tried using shim with Speedplays; they have an excellent leg length
adjuster, very solid, comes in 3mm units, fit as many as you need.

--
Callas
 
C

Callas

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> on another note, I talked to Roy nickman about this in 1987 due to our leg length discrepancies,
> is about 1/2" and mine is about 3/4".

Careful; leg length discrepency *without* a pelvic tilt is a different problem, with a different
solution, than equal leg length *with* pelvic tilt.

> we both discussed our methods of solves and came to the same conclusion that it is best just to
> ride without any modifications but to keep the lifts in our shoes while not riding/racing. this
> kept the knee pains away but not the IT band problems.

I can't really comment - if your pelvis' are level, it's a different problem.

--
Callas
 
J

Jtn

Guest
I have always been told by PT's, trainers, chiros, etc.. that if you have pelvic tilt without leg
length descp. you can solve it by strengthening and stretching the core muscles and hip flexors. it
takes about a year of hard work but is fixed forever.

I know it helps me even though my legs are diff.
 
C

Callas

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> I have always been told by PT's, trainers, chiros, etc.. that if you have pelvic tilt without leg
> length descp. you can solve it by strengthening and stretching the core muscles and hip flexors.
> it takes about a year of hard work but is fixed forever.

I'm going to talk to some PTs about this method, but I think in my case the tilt is due to scoliosis
(sideway curve of the spine, which I have); the tilt is a symptom of the curve.

--
Callas
 
J

Jtn

Guest
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, im with ya now. interesting stuff. I know what a pain in the ass it is or must
be for ya.

I have tried many methods and have always ended back at just cycling shoes and lots of stretching,
core work after riding to keep it all aligned.

damn it sucks having a huge unit that keeps pulling my one leg shorter....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.