Pennsylvania Mountain Biking Question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Steve Gibson, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. Steve Gibson

    Steve Gibson Guest

    Hi,

    My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
    snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
    knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
    be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
    > snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
    > knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
    > be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks
    in
    > advance.

    We ride PA about once a year. You might want to do some looking around here:

    http://www.eteamz.com/mountainbiking/sites/finder/state.cfm/Pennsylvania/

    http://www.mtbr.com/trails/Pennsylvania_name.html

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  3. scottieski

    scottieski Guest

    Where do you live Steve? I'm in Erie, but live close enough to the NY state line that I do most of
    my biking in SW NY.

    Check out mtbreview.com; they have an extensive list of PA trails and reviews on there. In the
    Pittsburgh area, you can try the Hidden Valley ski area or near Seven Springs. Morraine State Park
    has some descent riding to. There are alot of areas right in the Pittsburgh area that I'm not
    familiar with that are mentioned on the website I provided.

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Where do you live Steve? I'm in Erie and know all of the great sidewalks within a mile from my
    > spank pad.

    heh

  5. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
    > snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
    > knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
    > be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks
    in
    > advance.

    Dirt Rag is Headquartered around Pitt. Check their forums for local info.

    http://www.dirtragmag.com

    other sites:

    http://www.bikekmba.org http://www.mountainbikepa.com
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/biking.htm

    Chris

  6. Jay

    Jay Guest

    [email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:

    > EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!

    Travis? Or is there really someone else here corny enough to quote Metallica?

    - Jay

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:
    >
    > > EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!
    >
    > Travis? Or is there really someone else here corny enough to quote Metallica?

    "Open door, so I walk inside, close my eyes, find my place to hide..."

    Shaun aRe - who TF are you callin corny, huh??!?!?!?!?

  8. [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!

    You need to quit smoking pixie dust with frightpig.

    JD

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!
    >
    > You need to quit smoking pixie dust with frightpig.
    >
    > JD

    Why quit? Your posts are so funny when blazed. Seriously, I used to pay good money for laughs that
    you provide for free....

    keep em' coming JustaDick, keep em' coming....you're a riot, your recently posted pic confirmed to
    me exactly how funny you are.