Pennsylvania Mountain Biking Question

Steve Gibson

Guest
Hi,

My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks in advance.

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
> snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
> knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
> be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks
in
> advance.

We ride PA about once a year. You might want to do some looking around here:

http://www.eteamz.com/mountainbiking/sites/finder/state.cfm/Pennsylvania/

http://www.mtbr.com/trails/Pennsylvania_name.html

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Where do you live Steve? I'm in Erie, but live close enough to the NY state line that I do most of
my biking in SW NY.

Check out mtbreview.com; they have an extensive list of PA trails and reviews on there. In the
Pittsburgh area, you can try the Hidden Valley ski area or near Seven Springs. Morraine State Park
has some descent riding to. There are alot of areas right in the Pittsburgh area that I'm not
familiar with that are mentioned on the website I provided.

"Steve Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> My name is Steve, I just got a new mountain bike for Christmas this year, and as I dream about the
> snow melting, I was wondering if there was any information out there about trails in PA, if anyone
> knew of any good web sites dealing with PA mountain biking, or where the best places to ride would
> be. I live in western PA about 1 hour away from Pittsburgh, thanks
in
> advance.

Dirt Rag is Headquartered around Pitt. Check their forums for local info.

http://www.dirtragmag.com

other sites:

http://www.bikekmba.org http://www.mountainbikepa.com
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/recreation/biking.htm

Chris

[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:

> EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!

Travis? Or is there really someone else here corny enough to quote Metallica?

- Jay

> [email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > EXIT LIGHT, ENTER NIGHT, TAKE MY HAND WE'RE OFF TO NEVER NEVER LAND!
>
> You need to quit smoking pixie dust with frightpig.
>
> JD

Why quit? Your posts are so funny when blazed. Seriously, I used to pay good money for laughs that
you provide for free....

keep em' coming JustaDick, keep em' coming....you're a riot, your recently posted pic confirmed to
me exactly how funny you are.