Penny rocks, again!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of
    Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my
    Penny for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
    stuffed sausage.

    http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

    > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    > Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    > for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    > sausage.
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    Col D'Lizard?
    --
    _________________________

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB thoughtfully penned:
    > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    > Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    > for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    > sausage.
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    I only added like 12" to the chest and arms, out of black wicking supplex lycra.

    penny s

    --
    Specialty Outdoors Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing Factory Authorized by The North
    Face www.specialtyoutdoors.com

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Stephen Baker thoughtfully penned:
    > John G says:
    >
    >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    >
    > Is that a smile on your face there, John? C'mon, you can admit it here.... ;-)
    >
    > Looks good - kudos to the seamstress (nicer word than "sewer" if mis-pronounced)
    >
    > Steve

    Sewist is the new word. As in artist. Yachtist?

    P.

  5. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of
    >Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my
    >Penny for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
    >stuffed sausage.

    Penny also altered my short track speedskating skinsuit by relocating the knee pads, but I'm too
    modest (read: chicken) to post pics of me posing in it.

    Anyway, this is another plug for Penny's skill as in the area of making / mending / altering
    sports clothing.

    Thanks, Penny. --dt

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Doug Taylor thoughtfully penned:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    >> Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    >> for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    >> sausage.
    >
    > Penny also altered my short track speedskating skinsuit by relocating the knee pads, but I'm too
    > modest (read: chicken) to post pics of me posing in it.
    >
    > Anyway, this is another plug for Penny's skill as in the area of making / mending / altering
    > sports clothing.
    >
    > Thanks, Penny. --dt

    hah the only reason I hang out here is to get one $30 alteration job every four months or so...

    in case you - all are wondering wtf we are talking about

    --
    Specialty Outdoors Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing Factory Authorized by The North
    Face www.specialtyoutdoors.com

  7. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    > Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    > for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    > sausage.
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    Where are the Before pitcures? How can we be suitably impressed without before/ after pictures?

    -- The Ogre (Who knows all about feeling like a stuffed sausage) http://ogrehut.NET

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    The Ogre thoughtfully penned:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    >> Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    >> for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    >> sausage.
    >>
    >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
    >
    > Where are the Before pitcures? How can we be suitably impressed without before/ after pictures?
    >
    > -- The Ogre (Who knows all about feeling like a stuffed sausage) http://ogrehut.NET
    I am sure it wasn't pretty. For example, his bicep measures 18" and the shirt sleeve opening was
    13". Can you say "uncomfortable".

    Penny

  9. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:26:57 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of
    >Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my
    >Penny for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
    >stuffed sausage.
    >
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    >http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    Yes, yes, yes. very interesting. You actually look about 30 years younger than what I remember of
    some of your other pics.

    I find that strange, yes very strange indeed.

    Wonder if it's due to Penny's handy work?

    Peace, Bill(seriously thought you were some old dude)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window
    glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an
    interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  10. The Ogre wrote:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    >>Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    >>for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    >>sausage.
    >>
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    >>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
    >

    > Where are the Before pitcures?

    I'm not up for THAT much embarassment

    > How can we be suitably impressed
    > without before/ after pictures?

    You will just have to trust me on this one.

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

  11. Bill Wheeler says:

    >Yes, yes, yes. very interesting. You actually look about 30 years younger than what I remember of
    >some of your other pics.
    >
    >I find that strange, yes very strange indeed.

    It's the lack of beard, I think.

    Steve

  12. Pete

    Pete Guest

    > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of Gekko
    > Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny
    > for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a stuffed
    > sausage.
    >
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

    Sorry, but that is one scary looking cop.

    Pete

  13. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre thoughtfully penned:
    > > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of
    > >> Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my
    > >> Penny for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
    > >> stuffed sausage.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > >> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
    > >
    > > Where are the Before pitcures? How can we be suitably impressed without before/ after pictures?
    > >
    > > -- The Ogre (Who knows all about feeling like a stuffed sausage) http://ogrehut.NET
    > I am sure it wasn't pretty. For example, his bicep measures 18" and the shirt sleeve opening was
    > 13". Can you say "uncomfortable".

    Been there, it's not pleasant. I've had the oposite problem lately, due to excessive cycling my
    wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm having to buy a new wardrobe.

    Ride bike to work == lose lots of weight

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.net

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered) from the owners of
    > > Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my
    > > Penny for alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
    > > stuffed sausage.
    > >
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
    > > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
    >
    > Sorry, but that is one scary looking cop.

    Not even. He looks like a big teddy bear.

    JD

  15. Sorni wrote:

    > Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

    Nicotine free 3 years yesterday.. Had my last piece of Nicorette gum on 06/26/2000

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

  16. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Sorni wrote:
    >
    > > Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.
    >

    > Nicotine free 3 years yesterday.. Had my last piece of Nicorette gum on 06/26/2000

    Good man, John. I used one package of the gum, but forgot to note date of last (eighth) piece (I was
    milking it at the end! :)

    I actually quit smoking in May of '91 -- 5 yrs before first mtb -- but then Carla sent me those
    damned Cubans when I bought the X-fly, and before you knew it...

    Bill "self destruction at any cost" S.

  17. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:04:13 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bill Wheeler wrote:
    >>>
    >> Yes, yes, yes. very interesting. You actually look about 30 years younger than what I remember of
    >> some of your other pics.
    >

    >Exhibit A: http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg

    Love those shades!

    >Exhibit B: http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/catamount.gif
    >
    >Yeah, I can see where you caould get that....

    :-]