General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Penzey's order arrived

Started by Drb · · Last activity · 4 posts · 762 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 January 2004
Last activity
21 January 2004
Original author
Drb
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
762
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well, my Penzey's order arrived by UPS today. It contained the following:

    Reg. Chili Powder Old World French Tarragon Cracked Rosemary Northwoods Parisien Herbes Sunny Paris
    Fines Herbs Ground Cumin Spanish Thyme Chinese Five Spice Powder Bicentennial Rub Crushed California
    Red Pepper Celery Salt Fajita Seasoning Majoram Garlic Salt

    I smelled all of them as I was putting them into the pantry--I had to do a bit of rearranging to get
    them all to fit--and they of course all smelled wonderful. I tasted the Sunny Paris and am duely
    impressed. I've just got to figure out what to do with it! I'm also in the same boat with the
    Northwoods, Parisean Herbs, and Fines Herbes. When I get some time, I'm going to google old rfc
    post, but in the meanwhile, suggestions are welcome. Old World smelled very much like season salt,
    and I imagine, could become a replacement for Lawry's. I don't need to watch salt, but I suppose it
    wouldn't hurt to eat less of it.

    I have most of my spices on a rack on the wall in the pantry--which is actually a closet that was
    converted to a pantry since the kitchen in my apartment didn't have much space to begin with, and I
    and my roommate needed it for dishes. I tend to keep spices that I don't mind the roommate using in
    the rack, and the few that I do mind because of price on the shelves on the other. (I'm not trying
    to be mean, but I can't afford to supply people with Fox Point and Sunny Paris.)I had the door open,
    and my roommate noticed the Fox Point and the Sunny Paris and smelled them as well... Is it bad that
    I think I should hide them.... We typically don't eat each others food, since we have pretty
    different taste and eating habits, but I KNOW how addictive the Fox Point can be, and although we
    haven't known each other long, I imagine that Sunny Paris is the same way...

  2. "DRB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, my Penzey's order arrived by UPS today. It contained the following:

    Reg. Chili Powder Old World French Tarragon Cracked Rosemary Northwoods Parisien Herbes Sunny
    Paris Fines Herbs Ground Cumin Spanish Thyme Chinese Five Spice Powder Bicentennial Rub Crushed
    California Red Pepper Celery Salt Fajita Seasoning Majoram Garlic Salt

    I smelled all of them as I was putting them into the pantry--I had to do a bit of rearranging to
    get them all to fit--and they of course all smelled wonderful. I tasted the Sunny Paris and am
    duely impressed. I've just


    got

    Quoted message said:

    to figure out what to do with it! I'm also in the same boat with the Northwoods, Parisean Herbs,
    and Fines Herbes. When I get some time, I'm going to google old rfc post, but in the meanwhile,
    suggestions are


    welcome.

    Quoted message said:

    Old World smelled very much like season salt, and I imagine, could become


    a

    Quoted message said:

    replacement for Lawry's. I don't need to watch salt, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to eat
    less of it.

    I have most of my spices on a rack on the wall in the pantry--which is actually a closet that was
    converted to a pantry since the kitchen in my apartment didn't have much space to begin with, and
    I and my roommate


    needed

    Quoted message said:

    it for dishes. I tend to keep spices that I don't mind the roommate using in the rack, and the few
    that I do mind because of price on the shelves on the other. (I'm not trying to be mean, but I
    can't afford to supply


    people

    Quoted message said:

    with Fox Point and Sunny Paris.)I had the door open, and my roommate


    noticed

    Quoted message said:

    the Fox Point and the Sunny Paris and smelled them as well... Is it bad that I think I should hide
    them.... We typically don't eat each others food, since we have pretty different taste and eating
    habits, but I KNOW


    how

    Quoted message said:

    addictive the Fox Point can be, and although we haven't known each other long, I imagine that
    Sunny Paris is the same way...

    Oh gawd, why not keep your precious herbs and spices in your rectum? The stench emanating from that
    thing should sufficiently mask the aroma of them, unless your roommate is buggering you at night
    while you are sleeping.

  3. Quoted message said:

    Well, my Penzey's order arrived by UPS today. It contained the following:

    ##############
    Since all the mentions here about this place I requested a catalog and got it yesterday. I think
    this place is ridiculously expensive. Granted they have a big selection of different types of
    cinnamon but I can go down to the mexican market here in North hollywood and get the same stuff for
    1/4 of the price. Same with the asian spices at local asian stores. Too much . It's like Omaha
    steaks...good meat but you can get the same thing at a local Butcher for ALOT less. BG

  4. On 21 Jan 2004 19:21:28 GMT, [email hidden] (BillKirch)

    Quoted message said:

    Since all the mentions here about this place I requested a catalog and got it yesterday. I think
    this place is ridiculously expensive. Granted they have a big selection of different types of
    cinnamon but I can go down to the mexican market here in North hollywood and get the same stuff for
    1/4 of the price. Same with the asian spices at local asian stores. Too much . It's like Omaha
    steaks...good meat but you can get the same thing at a local Butcher for ALOT less. BG

    Indian Grocers as well. They don't carry a lot fo spices, but what they do are *extremely* cheap.

    -sw

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.