people and watching you ride

lucky_8

Guest
i ride a lot by my grandma's house and my house and every time i ride i
have some one either stop and watch or ask me if it is hard to ride.
Like this one little boy today stood outside for ever and watched me
practice a few mounts and stuff. Then he went inside for a minute then
came stright back out to watch me. I was just wondering if it happened
to you all or if it just happened to me.

--
lucky_8

One day i hope to be a professional unicyclist.
lucky_8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11685

No, it's not just you. Riding a unicycle anywhere in public is among the
most effective means known for drawing attention to yourself. If you on
the unicycle, and a guy with a live stegosaurus on a leash, are both
going through a crowded park, half of the people there will still be
pointing at you.

--
weeble

======================
To avoid danger of suffocation
keep away from babies
and small children
======================
weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

weeble wrote:
> No, it's not just you. Riding a unicycle anywhere in public is among the
> most effective means known for drawing attention to yourself. If you on
> the unicycle, and a guy with a live stegosaurus on a leash, are both
> going through a crowded park, half of the people there will still be
> pointing at you.

ahahaha so true !!

me and my mate max were riding in the city on the weekend and up ahead
there was a street performer with a fair bit of a crowd watchin him
with smiles!!

and as soon as me and max came within 10 metres of him, a heap of the
crowd turned and looked at us!!
We then felt a little bad coz we had stolen his crowds attention so we
immediatly got off the uni's!!

we walked up to the show and then the guy who was doing the street
performance was a bit of a natural funny man, so he called me and max
over, i stayed where i was watching and max walked over, and the street
performer gave max his juggling hats and then walked over and sat on a
bench, intending max to finish the show for him!!

it was hilarious, coz Max had a go at doing something and it didnt work
so he gave up!!

we watched the rest of the show and at the end, the street performer
let as have a shot of his giraffe :)

turned out a good weekend

--
trials2k

One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

This happens to me all the time, one time i was riding near a park which
is just a mile or two away from my house, and there was a wedding
happening, then like 5 guys ran towards me and were asking about them,
and i let them try to ride =p

Also, when im riding to a store, around a store, sometimes in the store
=p at school, anywhere there are ppl i will always get ppl just having
to double-take or just stop and watch for a while, others come up and
ask to try it or i give them information about them so if they get
interested enough to buy one, then i get the comments that im sure
everyone on the forum surely knows of.

I love riding around and noticing other ppl noticing me, makes ya all
warm and fuzzy on the inside! lol

--
Jerrick

Yesterday we had a trials ride at Gasworks Park, the setting of some of
the UniVerse scenes. Jim Robert's stepson, Nate, was in town. There
were more people photographing us than I have ever seen before. Lots of
folks asking questions, too.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

I ride with Matt (dudewithasock) at a park near his house, and we can
always hear some "hey, it's the unicycle dudes!" as we approach, and
then the dissapointed "look, there they go" as we leave...I think it's
pretty funny, and pretty awesome too
unicycling rocks

--
monkeyman

Trying to think up a sig since 2/11/06
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

yea i think every unicyclist evan ones just starting get some typ of
comment

i myself have been rideing for almost 3 years now

and i have heard almost everything like i remember little kids tell
there parent "look a tricycle!" (some times parents to kids)

but i thought i had everything untill about 2 weeks ago i was rideing
to the store to get soem pop and on the way back this woman pulled over
jumped out and said" he i probably look like a total lunitic", (i said
yea...)" but i work at the renesonce fair in 9 mile(spokane washington)
and im incharge of the kids department"... "would u like a job to ride
around and entertain kids...?"

now has anybody ever pulled u over and offered u a job right there on
the spot..?

--
Mike The Uni Man
Mike The Uni Man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11729

weeble wrote:
> If you on the unicycle, and a guy with a live stegosaurus on a leash,
> are both going through a crowded park, half of the people there will
> still be pointing at you.

Things that are rare and unusual really do get a lot of extra
attention. It's been literally months since I've seen anyone with a
live stegosaurus on a leash:p

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

underdog wrote:
> Things that are rare and unusual really do get a lot of extra attention.
> It's been literally months since I've seen anyone with a live
> stegosaurus on a leash:p

They're everywhere in Texas...it's becoming a problem
Destroying all the plants and such

--
monkeyman

Trying to think up a sig since 2/11/06
monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

I've been unicycling properly for all of two weeks now, and even at the
stage of just being able to ride it and only being able to free-mount
the odd time; people still are intrigued. It's a great feeling and I
hope that when I get better, the reactions will get better aswell.

--
Benjy
Benjy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11714

James_Potter wrote:
> ohhh yes. more than once I've been riding my coker down the sidewalk,
> and a car literally slows down and drives along side me at about 10
> miles per hour for a minute. it was very akward.

Heh, that happens to me sometimes too, though I'm just on my 29. Kind
of unnerving.

--
weeble

======================
To avoid danger of suffocation
keep away from babies
and small children
======================
weeble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1625

We had a small unicycling gathering (2 people!) yesterday, both had a
day of school, and met for the first time to ride!

Both of us had a few tries of jumping down "apberget"
[image:
http://static.apberget.se/images/p/g/a33/a333a1272234e8cab7fc9a4cd5a0e9f8.jpg]
Niklas and not me in the picture.. not the blood-donating bus in the
background!
And we had quite a few people staying and watching..
An old lady said to her fellow-old lady "That will never go!" I jumped
down it, rode in a nice circle around them and said quietly "Sure it
will.."

But that was the only bad-person we met, lots of people were interested
and nice! :)

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

I know what you mean!
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/..._GALLERYSID=32d61509ecf868e6fd3fdcff575bda87]
The guy standing on the left in this picture, followed us round all
day! We practically had to ask him to leave us alone!

--
Eddbmxdude

Why Use two wheels when one is twice as good?

Its like England here....... Iv never seen so much sun!

If quizz's are quizzical, what are tests?
Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584

ahahah wen me and my mate max were ridin in the city on the weekend..
wen we found a good place to have a session, max being the rolling
hopper (street rider) me being the sif hopper (trials rider) we had
many asian tourists or ppl passing thru with cameras stopping and
full-on taking pictures like paparazzi !!!

at one point we were riding along and a group of italian guys in there
20-30's asked us to give them a demo, and then they filmed it all and
clapped and were very happy.!!