People ever scream at you for nothing?

alienator said:
Alright......

I've been yelled at; chased; chased off the road--4 or 5 times one day by the same car; smacked with a hand; hit with cans, bottles, and food products; spit upon; and this past spring I had a hand surgically repaired as result of having a full soda bottle hit my hand at about 50 mph after it was thrown out of a car last November.

The way I look at things, though, is that somethin' ain't fun iffin' it can't possibly kill you or at least give you a disfiguring scar.
Still all slightly better than a beer can full of pee. That said, if we ever emigrate, I think Arizona isn't sounding good.

Ok, I'm going to lay it out for all of you to play it out. This is the way its supposed to be. The slower or less maneuverable of anything that travels on the roads, highways, oceans or air, always have the right-of-way. Example (A) A blimp has right of way over a motorized air plane. A sail boat has right of way over a motor powered boat. A bicycle has right of way over a motorized car or motor bike, this also includes pedestrians. However this does not relieve one of their responsibilities when dealing with traffic in all these areas. Example (B). If you are in a blimp, don't try to get in the way of a jet just because you know you have the right-of-way. (Disclaimer) In no way am I the utmost authority on laws in any country. This is just some things I learned over the years.

alienator said:
Alright......

I've been yelled at; chased; chased off the road--4 or 5 times one day by the same car; smacked with a hand; hit with cans, bottles, and food products; spit upon; and this past spring I had a hand surgically repaired as result of having a full soda bottle hit my hand at about 50 mph after it was thrown out of a car last November.

The way I look at things, though, is that something' ain't fun iffin' it can't possibly kill you or at least give you a disfiguring scar.
Yeah well. Some say water ballet is fun, but I highly doubt we will see any major accidents or scars in that so-called sport. Probably no doping either.

surfrider said:
Ok, I'm going to lay it out for all of you to play it out. This is the way its supposed to be. The slower or less maneuverable of anything that travels on the roads, highways, oceans or air, always have the right-of-way. Example (A) A blimp has right of way over a motorized air plane. A sail boat has right of way over a motor powered boat. A bicycle has right of way over a motorized car or motor bike, this also includes pedestrians. However this does not relieve one of their responsibilities when dealing with traffic in all these areas. Example (B). If you are in a blimp, don't try to get in the way of a jet just because you know you have the right-of-way. (Disclaimer) In no way am I the utmost authority on laws in any country. This is just some things I learned over the years.
Right of way is very simple. Works with people or vehicles.

If it's bigger than you or armed, it has right of way.

Can I get an Amen ??

Aaaaaaa-men !!!

alienator said:
Amen, Brother Wiggum. Scars are memories that never fade.
The classic "chicks dig scars" eh ??

Hmmmmmm......not exactly.

Minor scars are memories that never fade and you can brag about.

Major scars are memories that never fade and keep you from taking your shirt off in public or even in private and give you nitemares the rest of your life and you never talk about what happened. Ever. With anyone.

I've lucked out and only have minor scars.

I've met a few people with major scars.

Riding a bike can be a tad dangerous or spooky sometimes but in the end it's just a bike ride.

Ain't like your kicking in doors fully armed or in a plane crash or in a house fire or............

KellyT said:
Still all slightly better than a beer can full of pee. That said, if we ever emigrate, I think Arizona isn't sounding good.

With the exception of one incident, all of the above stated incidents happened in the Midwest.

On another note, have you ever screamed at someone for something? Two "bicyclists" riding against traffic when there was a bonafide bicycle trail not 20 feet away. The only problem was that they would have had to ride down a small hill and up another corresponding hill while the road ran level. Even I screamed at them. I use the term "bicyclists" for them loosely only because they were riding bikes, not because they knew what they were doing.

I have always talked about doing a solo ride across my home state. This June I finally did it.I stayed on county roads and state highways to avoid traffic. I did however have to ride a few high traffic areas. Imagine my shock when the car that came the closest to me was a State Trooper! WTF!
I find that the more people you ride with, the more respect you get. All my problems with drivers have been on solo rides.

Yeah, you think all this traffic is bad. Just think if you were a peanut. The other day two peanuts were walking down the street and one of them was asualted.

In west Virginia I get all sorts of things yelled at me and also people that try to "buzz the tower" and see how close they can get to me. I always think it's funny that they only yell when they are flying past me and I can even understand them. I always just give them a thumbs up and say "You 'da man!"
Also, I get a kick out of some of these POS cars that when they pass me have to down shift and almost over rev the engine. I'm still trying to figure out whether this is a testiment to the crappy cars around here or my blazing speed. I like to think it's my astonishing speed;) :cool:

Some hoons shouted something at me and my friend as we were climbing up Mt lofty, no idea what they said.

Usually in certain areas. I take a lot of back roads and avoid traffic as much as possible. People are assholes and will be one as often as given the chance. I just try to avoid giving them the chance.

surfrider said:
Yeah, you think all this traffic is bad. Just think if you were a peanut. The other day two peanuts were walking down the street and one of them was asaulted.
Haha good one!

mabey if you stop riding 40mph under the speed limit ppl wont lay on the horn and yell at you

K5on42s said:
mabey if you stop riding 40mph under the speed limit ppl wont lay on the horn and yell at you

Hey, y'all! I sees that Billy Bob found his way over here, from over yonder, too! Let's all give Billy Bob a big ol' "Howdy," and ask iffin' he wouldn't mine steerin' his pick-up into that big ol' tree across the way. See Billy Bob ain't really usin' his brain, so I guess there ain't no danged reason, then, for him to be usin' up all that danged oxygen.

alienator said:
Hey, y'all! I sees that Billy Bob found his way over here, from over yonder, too! Let's all give Billy Bob a big ol' "Howdy," and ask iffin' he wouldn't mine steerin' his pick-up into that big ol' tree across the way. See Billy Bob ain't really usin' his brain, so I guess there ain't no danged reason, then, for him to be usin' up all that danged oxygen.
you'll remember my thread when somebody comes up around a turn and rearends your ass..then youll remember billybob tellin you so

K5on42s said:
you'll remember my thread when somebody comes up around a turn and rearends your ass..then youll remember billybob tellin you so

Yah. Sure, Princess. And then I'll win lots o' money, buy another bike, and continue to laugh at your poor dumb ass.

K5on42s said:
So you are saying you ride you bike the speed limit? That's pretty good.

WIGGUM1 said:
So you are saying you ride you bike the speed limit? That's pretty good.

No, but he drives a lot faster than that when he's drivin' home, thinkin' of that cute little sheep, all lubed up and stuff, goin' all "Baaaaaaaaaaa" as he's got 'er all stretched out over that hay bale.......