People in cars, chucking things...

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by blove8, Jan 12, 2005.

1. blove8

blove8 New Member

Twice in less than six months (two different countries) I have had something thrown at me by people in passing cars... I am happy to say that they just missed on both occasions.

I was wondering if this has happened to you, and if so what was your experience? Any suggestions for getting back at them without stooping to the lowlife level? or... do we just have to take one on the chin and move on?

Tags:

2. TKOS

TKOS New Member

That sucks. I haven't had anything thrown at me, but I get yelled at by Kids a lot. And it is worse when you knwo their parents are driving the car. I for one don't want to stoop to that level, but it surely is tempting to want to thrwo something back

3. artmichalek

artmichalek New Member

I've only been hit once. I think it was a half eaten apple. Worse yet, I was on an extremely narrow shoulder, and the cars were going pretty fast. I don't really care about people yelling things, but you've got to have some serious cognitive defficiencies to think that throwing something at a cyclist is a good idea. I think the best you can do is get the licence plate number and the attention of any witnesses.

4. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

If you get the license number, you could charge them with assault. If they hit you then it is battery. Unfortunately, it would be your word against theirs. Then you would have to identify them in court. Not an easy proposition when they are speeding past you and you are concentrating on the road.
    So far I have been given the finger and had horns sounded but that is all.