Pepper Spray

zaskar

Aug 3, 2003
That is what the next motorist is going to get if im damn near brushed off rd again! if i catch the fat **** at the traffic light i have had it!...... that feels a little better sorry no where else to vent.

Originally posted by zaskar
That is what the next motorist is going to get if im damn near brushed off rd again! if i catch the fat **** at the traffic light i have had it!...... that feels a little better sorry no where else to vent.
Take a chill pill.That could get you in deeper pucky that you want.

Vent away my good man! I wish wish we could take more harsh actions. Since moving to Tampa I have been almost run off the road several times (I think think they were just trying to prove a point) which really pisses me off. Had cigarettes buts flicked at me (lit ones). And been screemed at, yelled at, and had horns blown at me for no good reason more than I can count!

Originally posted by Alnamvet
Nothing says it better like my Colt M1911A1...:cool:

Too funny! I carry a 1911 myself. A little heavy, ubut worth it if needed.

On average, american drivers are far more courteous to cyclists than european drivers.

Originally posted by Frihed89
On average, american drivers are far more courteous to cyclists than european drivers.

I dunno, I haven't had much trouble here. I mean some people are oblivious, but if you bring it to their attention that they have done something wrong, they tend to react reasonably.

HAven't ridden a bike in the states since I was a wee one, but I'll be going home soon for a couple of weeks and plan to borrow one. I'll have to test your theory!

S

Speaking of "vent", if he has the windows rolled up tight, that might be the best place to spray it.

;)

Originally posted by bryanquinn
Vent away my good man! I wish wish we could take more harsh actions. Since moving to Tampa I have been almost run off the road several times (I think think they were just trying to prove a point) which really pisses me off. Had cigarettes buts flicked at me (lit ones). And been screemed at, yelled at, and had horns blown at me for no good reason more than I can count!

(I think think they were just trying to prove a point) which really pisses me off

EXCACTLY!!! why else would they be so damn rude! are they thinking look at this ******** out riding his bike enjoying his self and im just a fat lazy **** loser LOL.

the other day i was riding and a semi crossed the white line coming just a few feet away from me almost blowing me over,
i threw up my middle finger real high hoping he be looking in his mirror and right behind him a cop! who 1 had to have seen the truck come infront of him and 2 come that close and 3 see my middle finger! what happin to the 5ft law!! the cop should have least warned the jack ass trucker, i realy wonder if it's a matter of time getting hit by a car

Originally posted by Beastt
Speaking of "vent", if he has the windows rolled up tight, that might be the best place to spray it.

;)

LOL, is that the last race bike GT made in your avitar? is that what you ride?

Today i got a beer bottle thrown at me from a pub !!

I was less than impressed when i heard glass shattering just behind my rear wheel

if it had landed in front of me i could have punctured and come down on one of the busiest streets in Sydney or if it hit me i could have been knocked off

LOL, is that the last race bike GT made in your avitar? is that what you ride?

Full Dura-Ace, 2001 GT ZR-1.0

And you ride a... ?

:p

Full Dura-Ace, 2001 GT ZR-1.0

And you ride a... ?

:p

my mtb wich i havent rode in 7 months is a gt zaskar team full xtr.

bike i ride everyday is a 2002 schwinn fast back, full dura ace on mavic ssl sc. here is a pic of it 4th 1 down. from my understanding schwinn and gt were same company, i realy liked gt line of bikes to bad there gone.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t41866-15-4.html

Originally posted by Frihed89

You guys really should try AFRICAN drivers!! I've almost been squashed by a bus, an 18-wheeler truck, a taxi and several dozen motorists who appear to be totally blind...Pepper Spray is simply not enough - I'm thinking Napalm :D

my mtb wich i havent rode in 7 months is a gt zaskar team full xtr.

bike i ride everyday is a 2002 schwinn fast back, full dura ace on mavic ssl sc. here is a pic of it 4th 1 down. from my understanding schwinn and gt were same company, i realy liked gt line of bikes to bad there gone.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t41866-15-4.html

Very nice looking bike. I'm not fond of compact frame designs but that's just a subjective thing... maybe my age showing? I rode a few and it just felt odd to me to have the top tube wayyy downnn there. :) I'm sure I would have become used to it over time but I chose to stay with what a I was already comfortable with.

When it comes to companies, sister-companies, holding companies, parent companies, etc., my head starts to swim but my understanding, (or lack thereof), is that while GT and Schwinn aren't actually the same company, they've been owned by the same company/companies for a while now. At the time I bought my ZR-1.0, the companies were owned or at least under the control of Questor which ended up filing chapter 11. Minutes before the Sept. 11th attack on the WTC, Pacific Cycles of Wisconsin countered an $84 million dollar bid by Huffy (*shudder*) with an $86 million dollar bid and won ownership/control of both GT and Schwinn.

Pacific Cycles chose to keep GT in bike shops but to discontinue sales of the road bikes in the U.S. Meanwhile they set course for Schwinn to appear around the country in K-Marts, Wal-marts & Target stores -- a very sad day for Schwinn. Pacific Cycles apparently holds... or held 27% of U.S. bicycle sales. (I assume that's by volume).

Most recently, it appears that a Canadian company, Dorel Industries has purchased GT, Schwinn and Mongoose for $310 million. Without having a clear understanding of business arrangements, it looks to me like Dorel Industries now owns Pacific Cycles.

A few months ago I found bike shops still selling GT roadbikes in the U.K. but shipments of 2004 models had been postponed. I corresponded for a while with GT Australia who confirmed that they had 2004 GT ZR-1.0s and could ship one to me for $2795??, I think, plus the rather significant cost of shipping. Their version of the bike is Ultegra and has somewhat downgraded parts compared to the older U.S. version.

As for mine, I'm sure it's not what everyone would choose. (Although everyone who has ridden it has had positive, (polite?), things to say.) I haven't seen a bike yet that appeals to everyone. But I love the bike and ended up rather depressed for a couple of months when it looked like it was gone forever. I'm feeling better now with a backup roadbike and a second, new ZR-1.0 frame should *cringe* anything happen to the bike again.

Sorry for rambling a bit off topic. (No clue how this ended up here.)

:confused:

Zaskar you ride in a dangerous State, AZ drivers are mostly little ole ladies in cadillacs looking for a garage sale. If they don't kill you the brown haze over Phx will. Just left PV and returned to the Pacific NW where drivers tend to keep control of their rage and the air is clear.

Originally posted by systecsol
Zaskar you ride in a dangerous State, AZ drivers are mostly little ole ladies in cadillacs looking for a garage sale. If they don't kill you the brown haze over Phx will. Just left PV and returned to the Pacific NW where drivers tend to keep control of their rage and the air is clear.

Here within the state we often call the hazards you mentioned, "blue hairs". ;)

Very nice looking bike. I'm not fond of compact frame designs but that's just a subjective thing... maybe my age showing? I rode a few and it just felt odd to me to have the top tube wayyy downnn there. :) I'm sure I would have become used to it over time but I chose to stay with what a I was already comfortable with.

When it comes to companies, sister-companies, holding companies, parent companies, etc., my head starts to swim but my understanding, (or lack thereof), is that while GT and Schwinn aren't actually the same company, they've been owned by the same company/companies for a while now. At the time I bought my ZR-1.0, the companies were owned or at least under the control of Questor which ended up filing chapter 11. Minutes before the Sept. 11th attack on the WTC, Pacific Cycles of Wisconsin countered an $84 million dollar bid by Huffy (*shudder*) with an $86 million dollar bid and won ownership/control of both GT and Schwinn.

good information thanks! as for the rd bike i ride now i dont like the way it feels on decents. it feels like i have a flat or low tire when i hit 35 40 mph. i got the bike from a owner of a local bike shop, i repaired his air cond i got the bike brand new the repair cost me $900.00 im gonna ditch the frame and get somthing else
after race season.

Originally posted by systecsol

not true in my experience, the younger drivers are the idiots that gave me the idea about the spray. im also in a smaller city then phx so smog is not an issue. i think i would rather have smog any way rather then the lack of sunshine in WA, the suicide capital of the USA. bottom line is no matter what state or country your in there is gonna be arseholes who don't know how to drive, young and old, pink, white, black, fat or skinny they all suck.