pepper

Elaine

Guest
Although I've always liked pepper, I've never really
experimented with different kinds. Usually just the cheapo
peppercorns at my local grocery store. Thought I'd branch
out though and bought some tellicherry last week, then on
top of that bought a new peppermill. This one was exciting -
it ground the corns in a variety of ways - from coarse to
fine, however I wanted it. But it came with coloured
peppercorns and I noticed a huge difference in taste. Now I
have 3 peppermills - all full. Suppose I could empty one to
try the tellicherry.

This could go on and on because I think there are all
kinds of flavours of peppers. How exciting! (I really
should get a life.)

E.

In article <4051ff20$1_3@aeinews.>, "elaine" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Although I've always liked pepper, I've never really
> experimented with different kinds. Usually just the
> cheapo peppercorns at my local grocery store. Thought
> I'd branch out though and bought some tellicherry last
> week, then on top of that bought a new peppermill. This
> one was exciting - it ground the corns in a variety of
> ways - from coarse to fine, however I wanted it. But it
> came with coloured peppercorns and I noticed a huge
> difference in taste. Now I have 3 peppermills - all
> full. Suppose I could empty one to try the tellicherry.
>
> This could go on and on because I think there are all
> kinds of flavours of peppers. How exciting! (I really
> should get a life.)
>
> E.

There is indeed a huge difference in flavor. ;-)

I only use the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in a
grinder. I don't buy pre-ground with the exception of the
salt free lemon pepper that I use a lot of, but that's not
the same thing. <G>

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems-
&include=0&userid=katra

:
: This could go on and on because I think there are
: all kinds
of flavours of
: peppers. How exciting! (I really should get a life.)
:
: E.
:
: ===========

What until you try the black Sarawak peppercorns! I like
them even more than the Tellicherry!

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

What kind of grinder did you buy??

"Aria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> What kind of grinder did you buy??

'Trudeau', adjustable pepper mill- I just have to turn the
lever to whatever coarseness I wish.

$20 here in Canada..........probably cheaper in the States
-
E.

Katra writes:

>In article <4051ff20$1_3@aeinews.>, "elaine"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Although I've always liked pepper, I've never really
>> experimented with different kinds. Usually just the
>> cheapo peppercorns at my local grocery store. Thought
>> I'd branch out though and bought some tellicherry last
>week,
>> then on top of that bought a new peppermill. This one was
>> exciting - it ground the corns in a variety of ways -
>> from coarse to fine, however I wanted it. But it came
>> with coloured peppercorns and I noticed a huge difference
>> in taste.

Dried green peppercorns don't taste very good IMO. Buy the
green ones brined. Red/pink pepper corns, meh.

Where the peppermill works wonders, IMO is with good,
fresh black and white peppercorns of various strains.
Subtle differences. I'm partial to white, freshly and
finely ground.

>There is indeed a huge difference in flavor. ;-)

Fresh vs. ground, yeh.

>I only use the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in
>a grinder.

Chacun son gout. I like the depth of fresh ground but as I
said I stick pretty much with white or black.

>I don't buy pre-ground with the exception of the salt free
>lemon pepper that I use a lot of, but that's not the same
>thing. <G>

Nohow, noway. <g>

I have to buy/keep on hand pre-ground black pepper for when
my father-in-law visits since he's got a full set of
artificial choppers and no matter how finely I grind my
fresh pepper he still claims it gets between his falsies
[shaddup Sheldon] and his gums.

Of course having p*ssed off his daughter I sincerely doubt
he'll be visiting again anytime soon so perhaps I can dump
that sawdust.

Best,

Marc

_________________________________
"Katra" <[email protected]> wrote > I only use
the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in a grinder.
> I don't buy pre-ground with the exception of the salt free
> lemon pepper that I use a lot of, but that's not the same
> thing. <G>
>
> K.
I have looked and looked for lemon pepper without salt and
can't find it. Can you give me a brand name or a place
online to purchase it? I guess they just don't have it
around where I live ... Thanks

scGram

"scGram" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> _________________________________
> "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote > I only use
> the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in a grinder.
>> I don't buy pre-ground with the exception of the salt
>> free lemon pepper that I use a lot of, but that's not the
>> same thing. <G>
>>
>> K.
> I have looked and looked for lemon pepper without salt
> and can't find
> it. Can you give me a brand name or a place online to
> purchase it? I guess they just don't have it around
> where I live ... Thanks
>
> scGram

If you read here more often you'll hear the name Penzey's a
lot. This is a spice store. You can order it from the store
or at www.penzeys.com

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
nothing but food and water.

"hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "scGram" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > _________________________________
> > "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote > I only
> > use the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in a grinder.
> >> I don't buy pre-ground with the exception of the salt
> >> free lemon pepper that I use a lot of, but that's not
> >> the same thing. <G>
> >>
> >> K.
> > I have looked and looked for lemon pepper without salt
> > and can't find
> > it. Can you give me a brand name or a place online to
> > purchase it? I guess they just don't have it around
> > where I live ... Thanks
> >
> > scGram
> >

> If you read here more often you'll hear the name Penzey's
> a lot. This is a spice store. You can order it from the
> store or at www.penzeys.com

But she asked for salt free lemon pepper. Salt is the second
ingredient of 7 listed at Penzeys.

"SCUBApix" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "scGram" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:[email protected]:
>>
>> > _________________________________
>> > "Katra" <[email protected]> wrote > I only
>> > use the 4 or 5 color pepper mixes now, and in a
>> > grinder.

>> > I have looked and looked for lemon pepper without salt
>> > and can't find it. Can you give me a brand name or a
>> > place online to purchase it? I guess they just don't
>> > have it around where I live ... Thanks
>> >
>> > scGram
>> >

>> If you read here more often you'll hear the name Penzey's
>> a lot. This is a spice store. You can order it from the
>> store or at www.penzeys.com
>>

> But she asked for salt free lemon pepper. Salt is the
> second ingredient of 7 listed at Penzeys.

Yes she did, and salt free lemon pepper is available at
Penzeys...it is called Sunny Spain

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
nothing but food and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.

"hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "SCUBApix" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
> nexis.com:
>

> > "hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> "scGram" <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> news:[email protected]:

> >> If you read here more often you'll hear the name
> >> Penzey's a lot. This is a spice store. You can order it
> >> from the store or at www.penzeys.com
> >>

> > But she asked for salt free lemon pepper. Salt is the
> > second ingredient of 7 listed at Penzeys.
> >

> Yes she did, and salt free lemon pepper is available at
> Penzeys...it is called Sunny Spain

I stand corrected. I did a search for 'lemon pepper'. Silly
me.

SCUBApix wrote:

> "hahabogus" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Yes she did, and salt free lemon pepper is available at
> > Penzeys...it is called Sunny Spain
> >
> I stand corrected. I did a search for 'lemon pepper'.
> Silly me.

Do you have a catalog? I checked, the description of lemon
pepper said, for salt free lemon pepper, look for Sunny
Spain. They know what people are looking for.

nancy