PER Bike to work breakfast

gumby

Guest
Beaut ride in on DeF's fixie. Lights flashing, no traffic but the
increasing number of velos rapide. Got to Supreme Court at 6am, great
fresh brekky, toasted muffins, eggs and mushrooms, yum, fruit, coffee
juice, great
Bikes to win in comps, massage, chatting with BTA folk, DPI, anyone
with cycling clothing.
How good was it? Great atmos, prolly about a couple of thousand at any
one time, I stayed until 7.45, enough to get a free water bottle,
muffins for morning tea, juice for arvo tea, fruit for lunch, stocked
up.
A-B ers, saw Byron27, chilling prior to his TT exertions on Sunday in
the Sate Champs. DeF was having a shower when I phoned his mobile, so
he wasnt coming.
Any other a-b ers there?

Riding back to work west on Wellington St, Lights at the Freeway
overpass, I gently leaned on a turbo-diesel MIss *****y SUV thing with
lots of silver bling, one passenger (the driver) windows shooshes down,
bloke turns around and says "You alright mate?"
"yes thanks"
"Get off the car"
"I'm not doing anything to it calm down"
shoosh goes the window
"Huh?"
He drags off in a blast of diesel smoke. To next set of red lights 150m
away.
I cruise past, over the traffic islands, onto the bike path and gone
with a wave, byeee!
There is no getting through to some people.
Steven

gumby said:
[...]

Eggs. All gone when I got there to meet my work colleagues at 7:15. There were just leaflets on the table extolling the virtues of eggs when I got there. Cruelty. Bum.

By 7.15 they were rationing the grilled mushrooms - 2 each.

Previously, bike bottles were handed out to everyone. This year they were redeemable for the vouchers which were slipped into some but not all the showbags that were handed out. My show bag didn't contain a voucher. Bum.

Still, ride in was good (from South Perth, started alone, ended up with 9 riders in a group), breakfast was good (toated muffin with mushies, blueberry muffin, yoghurt, juice, fruit and coffee), company at breakfast was good, ride to work was good.

Best of all was the announcement that if the green four wheel drive that was blocking the laneway behind the Supreme Court was not moved, the semi trailer that could not get through would drive right over the top of it. There were a few cheers for that one.

SteveA

Guilty of overconsumption of shrooms. Sorry.
I didnt get a voucher for a bottle in my bag, so I went back to the
entrance and found a bag that had one!
That Subaru was def there when I arrived at 6am, maybe a court worker
doing overtime?
Steven

gumby wrote:
> Beaut ride in on DeF's fixie. Lights flashing, no traffic but the
> increasing number of velos rapide. Got to Supreme Court at 6am, great

< SNIP >

> Steven

Buggar. Sounds like it was fun. I was up for it although
it would have been a major detour and I would need someone
to take over child delivery duties (school and daycare).
Good to hear that the fixie is getting some use.

How do you find the handlebars?

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

I sit on the seat and there they are there in front of the headset.
It is a bit of a reach, and they flex a bit, but when the bike has been
donated....
Dont look a gift fixie in the bracket
Thanks mate
Do you want it back Sunday?

I must admit, I have never been to a BTWB, and this morning was no exception
(something to do with little children and sleep!)
Something I have always wondered about is what do you do with your bike when
you get there? Is there a secure area for leaving all the bikes, do you
wheel it around with you the whole time, or some other arrangement?

BruceA

I was one of the very few who locked their bike to a stand, hey its not
my bike and DeF is reading. Some of the bike bling was just placed on
a post and rail system, resting under the nose of the seat, like
triathlon transition.
Very trusting bunch, cyclists.
Steven

gumby wrote:
> I sit on the seat and there they are there in front of the headset.
> It is a bit of a reach, and they flex a bit, but when the bike has been
> donated....
> Dont look a gift fixie in the bracket
> Thanks mate
> Do you want it back Sunday?

No rush. Wait at least until you've got your rear wheel
fixed. It's not like I don't have another bike to ride.
It's getting the opportunity that's the problem.

Have widened the tri bars for Sunday and taken amnesia pills
to help me forget the pain of last Sunday. They're made of
the same stuff that help women get over childbirth and allow
for them to have the next one...

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

40km Time trials and Childbirth
just remember to breathe!
Steven

gumby wrote:
> 40km Time trials and Childbirth
> just remember to breathe!
> Steven

They both take just over an hour in my experience.

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

"gumby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Riding back to work west on Wellington St, Lights at the Freeway
> overpass, I gently leaned on a turbo-diesel MIss *****y SUV thing with
> lots of silver bling,

Yep, leaning on someone's pride and joy that they've probably just spent the
last 3 hours polishing is asking for trouble. It's extremely bad form and
probably the most road rage inciting thing that a cyclist can do. See
http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/dont-touch-my-car.html

On 9 Mar 2006 16:19:13 -0800, gumby wrote:

> There is no getting through to some people.

I'd be ****** off if you did that to my car, I'd probably end up being told
to wash the car to match the bit where my carefully accumulated grime (muck
needs a home too you know) was wiped off by your hand :)

Graeme

Miss *****y was probably polishing his helmet for the past three hours
not his two tonne fuel guzzler.

I was really shocked that I asked him to calm down, he did! Cos
normally when I say that it has the opposite effect.
I think I was after this reaction anyway, almost disappointing.