Perfect MD weather coming!

Chris

Guest
How do I know? Here's the evidence:

1. My truck (more or less visible here http://www.pbase.com/image/13007144) blew the second engine
in 6 months. Kudos to Ford for designing the 2.9L V-6, an all-time classic. Anyway, since there
are no trails - at all, I mean, not just "no good trails" - within a half-hour's drive from my
house, I am screwed.

2. My everyday bike will be Ebayed to help finance my new ride, so that's not a dirt-ride anymore.
Just road miles for her from here on out. It's easier to clean that way.

3. My "good" mtb is in several pieces and, while putting it back together is not a problem, I do
want some new pieces and money is rather tight right now (see point 1).

4. My damn IRC Serac UST will not mount to a rim. Seriously, it's not me. It won't even go on a
traditional rim. I think it's just cut small enough to fit in IRC's tolerances, but not
Bontrager's. I tried putting it on a tubed rim, and was gonna crank it up to about 80psi for a
while to loosen it up, but like I said, it's not going on ANY rim right now.

5. My friends that ride are either (a) in Colorado or (b) dirty hippies with no car. Since I live
on an island that is both far from CO and only accessible by highway-speed bridges (read: no
bikes allowed) they're not coming to bail me out.

6. My time next week is devoted to work, getting ready for school, and trying to find a new car. I
drove my dad's truck 70 miles - each way - to go look at this one http://tinyurl.com/evou only
to fond it was sold a few hours before I arrived.

So, in conclusion, since there is no way in hell I could get any real ride time, the weather will be
flawless. Who cares anyay, the trails'd still be soaked. But I'm not bitter.

Sorry for *****ing.

Chris

> How do I know? Here's the evidence:
>
> 1. My truck (more or less visible here http://www.pbase.com/image/13007144) blew the second
> engine in 6 months. Kudos to Ford for designing the 2.9L V-6, an all-time classic. Anyway,
> since there are no trails - at all, I mean, not just "no good trails" - within a half-hour's
> drive from my house, I am screwed.

<snip>

> Chris

Just a tip....try to stay away from those American made POS. Toyota & Nissan = very good.

--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > How do I know? Here's the evidence:
> >
> > 1. My truck (more or less visible here
http://www.pbase.com/image/13007144)
> > blew the second engine in 6 months. Kudos to Ford for designing the
2.9L
> > V-6, an all-time classic. Anyway, since there are no trails - at all, I mean, not just "no good
> > trails" - within a half-hour's drive from my
house,
> > I am screwed.
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Chris
>

> Just a tip....try to stay away from those American made POS. Toyota &
Nissan = very good.

Yes, even the American made ones. Honda makes good cars too. Currently driving a Toyota with 105K.
Incidentally, stay away from all POS, American-made or not.

James Messick wrote:
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>How do I know? Here's the evidence:
>>>
>>>1. My truck (more or less visible here
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/13007144)
>
>>>blew the second engine in 6 months. Kudos to Ford for designing the
>
> 2.9L
>
>>>V-6, an all-time classic. Anyway, since there are no trails - at all, I mean, not just "no good
>>>trails" - within a half-hour's drive from my
>
> house,
>
>>>I am screwed.
>>>

>><snip>
>>
>>>Chris
>>

>>Just a tip....try to stay away from those American made POS. Toyota &
>
> Nissan = very good.
>
> Yes, even the American made ones. Honda makes good cars too. Currently driving a Toyota with 105K.
> Incidentally, stay away from all POS, American-made or not.

2 VWs: both over 200k. And, my Jeep has 350k. YMMV David

"David Kunz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> James Messick wrote:
> > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > http://www.pbase.com/image/13007144)

> > 2.9L

> > house,

> >><snip>

> >>Just a tip....try to stay away from those American made POS. Toyota &
> >
> > Nissan = very good.
> >
> > Yes, even the American made ones. Honda makes good cars too. Currently driving a Toyota with
> > 105K. Incidentally, stay away from all POS, American-made or not.
> >

> 2 VWs: both over 200k. And, my Jeep has 350k. YMMV David

I always wonder where people get their data. At my friend's work, they give management either a
Nissan Maxima or a BMW. According to the person responsible for the cars, the Maximas have way more
problems than the BMWs. As another example, the same friend gave his Honda Accord to his parents.
His parents traded the Accord (for a Toyota Sienna) because the Accord was unreliable. My Jeep has
125k and runs great. However, I have put in quite a bit of money to maintain the vehicle, so mileage
doesn't mean a lot.

I sold my '85 Cutlass Supreme with 200k on it. Engine was never opened up. I still see it driving
around sometimes. The engine in my current '87 Cutlass has been rebuilt once, more for performance
than for maintenance. That engine is 27 years old. My father sent his Camry, that he bought new, to
the junk yard at 125k miles. My grandparents have a '98 Camry, they've put so much money into it
it's ridiculous. My grandmother curses that car because the reason they bought it was because they
were sick of repairing their Taurus. My grandfather says he should have kept his '85 Cutlass (my
first car, the one I sold:) I will say that my fiancees '85 Maxima is still going strong at close to
200k on it. Stuff on it keeps breaking, but I've put very little money into I overall.

Dante http://angelfire.com/ri2/rktpwr

> Just a tip....try to stay away from those American made POS. Toyota &
Nissan = very good.

> --
> Slacker

"Dante Catoni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:M4jJa.3514$N%[email protected]...
> I sold my '85 Cutlass Supreme with 200k on it. Engine was never opened up.
> still see it driving around sometimes. The engine in my current '87
Cutlass
> has been rebuilt once, more for performance than for maintenance. That engine is 27 years old. My
> father sent his Camry, that he bought new, to
the
> junk yard at 125k miles. My grandparents have a '98 Camry, they've put so much money into it it's
> ridiculous. My grandmother curses that car because the reason they bought it was because they were
> sick of repairing their Taurus. My grandfather says he should have kept his '85 Cutlass (my first
> car, the one I sold:) I will say that my fiancees '85 Maxima is still
going
> strong at close to 200k on it. Stuff on it keeps breaking, but I've put
very
> little money into I overall.
>
> Dante http://angelfire.com/ri2/rktpwr

1987 + 27 years = 2014. Did I miss a memo?

Chris