Performance Bicycle "The Performance 100% Satisfaction Guarantee". REALLY?

fjp999

Aug 19, 2011
I am just about to pick up their 2011 Fuji Roubaix 3.0 but since I have never had a drivers lisc and PB is pretty far away I will be loosing a lot of the benefits of having purchased the bike from Performance...

I did buy a bike from Trek, it was a lot more costly than what I had in mind but the shop is just two blocks from my house and the owner is a local guy (with his wife and three young kids). I got lucky as one of his mechanics is a young racer who was just leaving for uni.

This guy put together my Trek1.2 and got it to fit me pretty good on the first try. The gearing needed some tinkering but I asked him to take it for a ride when he came in and really push it. The racer/mechanic put the 1.2 thru the paces pretty hard and when I got on it to try the gearing it was really a perfect fit and the gears were just fine.

I doubt I will get this at Performance sooooo will not be 100%... will they take it back after a couple months of riding??? will they try to charge me for the tiniest scratches or something???

Anyone have an experience of returning a bicycle to Performance just saying I dont like it 100%?

Thanks in advance for any replies,
frank

I never bought a bike at PB but I have purchased a lot of other stuff from them and I was 100% satisfied. Take it back and see what they say. I do think that they will charge you for any scratches or blemishes to the finish. They are going to lose money to start because the bike is not brand new so they can't sell it as new. Any scratches or blemishes will also detract from the price that they could charge if it was flawless so they may want you to make up the difference. After all, you were the one who scratched it, weren't you? Anyway, see what they say. You may be pleasantly surprised. Let us know what they say.

Thanks kdelong.

Picked up the Fuji yesterday.

Wish I lived near a PB. Everyone was really nice, especially the manager. A few things didnt go "right" when I ordered online - then called customer service and the store but still not all "right" - and Scott is going to see about taking care of the extra shipping I paid for.

The envelope that the receipt and Fuji stuff comes in has the guarantee spelled out (and is pretty funny)

"Nobody beats our risk-free guarantee: If you don't like it, return it for a replacement or refund. No time limit. No hassle. No kidding."

Their Spin Doctor Service is pretty great too - when you buy a new bicycle from them "Expert advice, upgrades and lifetime free adjustments...".

I tried taking the Fuji out for a real test ride (PB only allows you to ride in the parking lot which was really busy on Saturday - and seemed kinda dangerous!!!) but a pretty big storm rolled in when I got a block away /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Anyone else have a return with PB experience?

f