Performance bike shop

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob Kruse, May 8, 2003.

  1. Bob Kruse

    Bob Kruse Guest

    I believe I've read some negative posts in this group about Performance Bikes. I have several shops
    in my area called Performance Bikes. They appear to be a chain of stores. I also read a post that
    indicated a Performance Bikes on the web. Is there a chance this is the same and what is the problem
    with this chain of stores?

    Thanks, Bob Kruse

    Tags:

  2. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >I believe I've read some negative posts in this group about Performance Bikes. I have several shops
    >in my area called Performance Bikes. They appear to be a chain of stores. I also read a post that
    >indicated a Performance Bikes on the web. Is there a chance this is the same and what is the
    >problem with this chain of stores?
    >
    >Thanks, Bob Kruse

    I think it is all one and the same.

    I shop at my local Performance store, I think they have good values, decent products for a
    reasonable price. I tend to buy lights, shoes and clothing there because they have a good selection
    and their specials can be real deals.

    I find the Performance store brand stuff, again lights and clothing, to be well thought out and
    reasonable. A good place for a knowledgeable cyclist who just wants decent stuff that works.

    Thats my take....

    jon isaacs

  3. Slider2699

    Slider2699 Guest

    "Bob Kruse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I believe I've read some negative posts in this group about Performance Bikes. I have several
    > shops in my area called Performance Bikes. They appear to be a chain of stores. I also read a post
    > that indicated a Performance Bikes on the web. Is there a chance this is the same and what is the
    > problem with this chain of stores?
    >
    > Thanks, Bob Kruse

    I don't have a Performance retail store anywhere near, but I've used Performance mail order for 15
    years without a problem. Their house brand stuff is usually pretty inexpensive and of good quality.

  4. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Fri, 09 May 2003 10:40:36 GMT, "Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't have a Performance retail store anywhere near, but I've used Performance mail order for 15
    >years without a problem. Their house brand stuff is usually pretty inexpensive and of good quality.

    By sheer luck-of-the-draw the nearest bike shop to my home is a Performance. I especially appreciate
    their "no questions asked" exchange policy. I believe I'm now on my fourth or fifth Performance
    Hurricane pump. When the latest one breaks it's a quick trip to get a replacement. :)

  5. Newsgroups

    Newsgroups Guest

    I'll weigh in on the Performance side. I have been a customer for about two years, purchased lots of
    stuff, and returned or exchanged stuff, including hydration units.

    They accept returns/exchanges with the same willingness as they do to sell you stuff.

    That's more than most stores, internet or otherwise will do.

    A+

    Howard Levinger

    "Bob Kruse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I believe I've read some negative posts in this group about Performance Bikes. I have several
    > shops in my area called Performance Bikes. They appear to be a chain of stores. I also read a post
    > that indicated a Performance Bikes on the web. Is there a chance this is the same and what is the
    > problem with this chain of stores?
    >
    > Thanks, Bob Kruse

  6. John Everett <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    I believe I'm now on my fourth or fifth Performance
    > Hurricane pump. When the latest one breaks it's a quick trip to get a replacement. :)

    I just returned my third Hurricane Max and this time traded it for a Joe Blow Sport, no
    questions asked.

    In regard to the original question, is Performance any good, it is by me. As Jon and others say,
    watch the sales, they have good stuff at good prices.

    (And once you get on their mailing list, about one-third of all your mail will come from
    Performance. One-third of your e-mail too, if you are on that list.)

  7. Grl

    Grl Guest

    Just placed a tire and cyclocomputer order with them last Sunday. Had my complete order on Friday
    (ground ship to Michigan). Very good prices and reasonable shipping charge. Have ordered in the past
    with similar performance. Would order again.

    - GRL

    "It's good to want things."

    Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist, Visual Basic programmer)