Performance Bikes Slow and Sloppy

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Michael Pearlma, May 9, 2003.

  1. Last month I ordered a frameset from England and got it in four days. Nine days ago I ordered a
    wheel from Performance Bikes. Still not here. I asked Customer Service if they build the wheels
    AFTER they get the orders. They refused to answer. They said the shipped the wheel the next day.
    Think they're lying?

    Tags:

  2. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Michael Pearlman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Last month I ordered a frameset from England and got it in four days. Nine days ago I ordered a
    > wheel from Performance Bikes. Still not here. I asked Customer Service if they build the wheels
    > AFTER they get the orders. They refused to answer. They said the shipped the wheel the next day.
    > Think they're lying?

    Can't understand why they refused to answer...I don't see the point in that. I have no issues in a
    firm building after I order, there are so many combinations of hub/spoke/rim that you can't expect
    them to hold them all.

    I ordered my Record/Open Pro set from Ribbles last month and they took 10 days to arrive. I was
    happy with that. If they wouldn't have answered the "when do you build" question, that would have
    pissed me off. Actually, Ribble say on their website that custom built wheels take longer...because
    they build as required.

    Give 'em a few more days.

    --
    Mark

  3. "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Michael Pearlman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Last month I ordered a frameset from England and got it in four days. Nine days ago I ordered a
    > > wheel from Performance Bikes. Still not here. I asked Customer Service if they build the wheels
    > > AFTER they get the orders. They refused to answer. They said the shipped the wheel the next day.
    > > Think they're lying?
    >
    > Can't understand why they refused to answer...I don't see the point in that. I have no issues in a
    > firm building after I order, there are so many combinations of hub/spoke/rim that you can't expect
    > them to hold them all.
    >
    > I ordered my Record/Open Pro set from Ribbles last month and they took 10 days to arrive. I was
    > happy with that. If they wouldn't have answered the "when do you build" question, that would have
    > pissed me off. Actually, Ribble say on their website that custom built wheels take
    > longer...because they build as required.
    >
    > Give 'em a few more days.
    >

    > --
    > Mark

    Not talking about cucsom wheels. These were advertised as a special price. They claimed to have
    shipped them nine days ago. They got my money 10 days ago. They're a mess.

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > > ---
    > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.476 / Virus Database: 273 - Release Date: 24/04/03
    >
    > Not talking about cucsom wheels. These were advertised as a special price. They claimed to have
    > shipped them nine days ago. They got my money 10 days ago. They're a mess.

    I see. What method do they use for shipping...is it not traceable?

    --
    Mark