Performance Cargo Case vs. The World

teigeman

Jul 28, 2004
How-do, fellow peddlers?

I have been researching cargo/bike transport cases for a while now, and here is what I find: they all suck. Yes, that's right. All of 'em.

Even people who shelled out for a Trico ($300-$350, typically) complain about the same things that those who bought the Performance Cargo Case ($199, typically) complain about - namely fit, wheels, lack of handles, and finicky or less-than-robust closure/latches.

So, please. Send in with your honest assesment of any experience you have with shipping your bike using a 'real' cargo/bike case (I appreciate how well cardboard bike boxes work, but this is simply not an option for me at this point.)

If they all truly suck, I suppose I should go for the least expensive Suckbox?

I plan to pack a 58 cm Surly LHT, and use the case for US domestic ground shipping (not air cargo/shipping) via FedEx or UPS.

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback.

tg

teigeman said:
How-do, fellow peddlers?

I have been researching cargo/bike transport cases for a while now, and here is what I find: they all suck. Yes, that's right. All of 'em.

Even people who shelled out for a Trico ($300-$350, typically) complain about the same things that those who bought the Performance Cargo Case ($199, typically) complain about - namely fit, wheels, lack of handles, and finicky or less-than-robust closure/latches.

So, please. Send in with your honest assesment of any experience you have with shipping your bike using a 'real' cargo/bike case (I appreciate how well cardboard bike boxes work, but this is simply not an option for me at this point.)

If they all truly suck, I suppose I should go for the least expensive Suckbox?

I plan to pack a 58 cm Surly LHT, and use the case for US domestic ground shipping (not air cargo/shipping) via FedEx or UPS.

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback.

tg

I use a soft sided Sci-con case--the 53+ I think or summat. It definitely does not such and is aces for me. Bike is well protected and paddes inside, and the only thing I have to remove is the handlebars.