Performance Management Chart

That is a strange looking PMC. What are you using for ATL & CTL time constants?

How long was your time off the bike? Your CTL starts from a pretty low value, are you using a seed value to start things off right?

The more people are able to understand where you're posting from, the better the feedback they'll be able to give.

For my questions:
1) your CTL starts at about 4. Either that means you've been completely off the bike for 6-8 months or you didn't seed your chart correctly. If the former, I'd say ride for at least 4 weeks before worrying about what the chart says. If the latter, I'd say it'll be about 4 months before you really have quality data to look at.
2) Your chart looks strange (way too smooth), making me question the time constants being used. If you aren't using appropriate time constants in your chart then it'll probably never give you good information.

So, yes the questions about your chart matter in helping give you a good answer.

chimpchops27 said:
How many workouts do you need in the pmc chart for the data of use.

It isn't the number of workouts, but the number of days.

Using the default time constants of 42 and 7 d for CTL and ATL, respectively, the data mostly (i.e., 87.5%) reflect what you have done in the last 89.3 and 14.6 d.

Note that if you 'seed' the Performance Manager Chart with a particular value for CTL, ATL, or both, that value is assigned to the specified starting date of the chart, and everything prior to that date is ignored.

acoggan said:
It isn't the number of workouts, but the number of days.

Does that mean if someone does two workouts in one day, only data from one workout is counted for the performance management chart?

Thanks,
Paul

pdr said:
Does that mean if someone does two workouts in one day, only data from one workout is counted for the performance management chart?

Not exactly. Both workouts are counted together as one for the purposes of the PMC.

frenchyge said:
Not exactly. Both workouts are counted together as one for the purposes of the PMC.
Yeah, discrete decay models don't handle that as well as continuous models.

RChung said:
Yeah, discrete decay models don't handle that as well as continuous models.

Wait.... was that a TSS2 teaser?? Time to get the rumor mill started again. :D

RChung said:
I'd be pretty surprised if it were.

Yeah, not much point in obsessing about such matters when you consider the relative time-scales involved. In that regard it's sort of like EMG measurement.

Originally Posted by acoggan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RChung . I'd be pretty surprised if it were.
Yeah, not much point in obsessing about such matters when you consider the relative time-scales involved. In that regard it's sort of like EMG measurement.
Hi,

I agreed with you. It make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Originally Posted by chimpchops27 . [...]
I need some rest but I dont feel that tired.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/members...e294-pmc2.html
Always favor feeling over numbers.

Allow for a certain period of time during which you'll be validating feelings against your numbers to get to better understanding of how to interpret them. For instance, my own tolerance for growing high ATL may be different than yours. You may even end up having to tweek your CTL/ATL constant so that they better reflect your personal ability to recover etc...

If your hell bent on desktop software, go with WKO+, but, personally, I find that Trainingpeaks.com (it's web based) is a lot more for your money (they are made by the same people).