Performance manager missing data

Nicolai Foss

Jan 6, 2007
I´ve just recently bought cyclingpeaks WKO 2.1. In order to get some data in the performance manager I´ve uploaded a lot of my polar ridefiles with an estimated TSS (most of the rides are along the same 25 mile commute). The rides are all registered on the time and distance chart but about 30% of the rides are not listed or calculated into the CTL or ATL values on the performancechart. The rides are all listed as bikerides.

Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences or suggestions.

Thx

Nic

Do they have a TSS on their individual graph?

I assume that all the files had power recorded.

Nicolai Foss said:
I´ve just recently bought cyclingpeaks WKO 2.1. In order to get some data in the performance manager I´ve uploaded a lot of my polar ridefiles with an estimated TSS (most of the rides are along the same 25 mile commute). The rides are all registered on the time and distance chart but about 30% of the rides are not listed or calculated into the CTL or ATL values on the performancechart. The rides are all listed as bikerides.

Just wondering if anyone had similar experiences or suggestions.

Thx

Nic

jetnjeff said:
Do they have a TSS on their individual graph?

I assume that all the files had power recorded.
The polar data is only HR/speed since I don´t commute on my "nice" bike with all the salt on the roads presently. All my PT files and about 70% of my polar rides (with guesstimate TSS) are presented on the performance manager chart and all are in the calender; but for some reason some off the files won´t go onto the performance manager chart - it seems quite arbitrary:confused:

Nicolai Foss said:
The polar data is only HR/speed since I don´t commute on my "nice" bike with all the salt on the roads presently. All my PT files and about 70% of my polar rides (with guesstimate TSS) are presented on the performance manager chart and all are in the calender; but for some reason some off the files won´t go onto the performance manager chart - it seems quite arbitrary:confused:
Not sure what you mean by "files won't go onto the PMC"? What else, apart from CTL, ATL & TSB, are you plotting on the PMC?

If you are also plotting daily TSS for example, you'll need to make sure you are setting up enough "bests" for them to all appear. Set that to 999 and every day's data will be shown. You might currently have it set to something less than the number of rides you expect to be plotted on your PMC.

Alex Simmons said:
Not sure what you mean by "files won't go onto the PMC"? What else, apart from CTL, ATL & TSB, are you plotting on the PMC?

If you are also plotting daily TSS for example, you'll need to make sure you are setting up enough "bests" for them to all appear. Set that to 999 and every day's data will be shown. You might currently have it set to something less than the number of rides you expect to be plotted on your PMC.
Problem simply is that some of the rides where I have estimated the TSS is not shown or calculated into my ATL or CTL so that this value gets wrong.

Nicolai Foss said:
Problem simply is that some of the rides where I have estimated the TSS is not shown or calculated into my ATL or CTL so that this value gets wrong.
Do the TSS appear each day in the athlete calendar page?
Maybe post a pic of the PMC and show us where it's not calculating right.

Nicolai Foss said:
How/where are you estimating the TSS? From remembered posts (haven't tried it):

If you right click on the calendar and "override values", it will not show up on the PMC.

If you enter TSS values (or the data necessary to calculate TSS) in a "New Manual Workout" from the menu on the Athlete Home Page, it will show up on PMC.

In other words, you cannot have your HR data and TSS-in-PCM (unless you actually enter Power data into the file).

TF

Alex Simmons said:
Yes it does.
It just won't affect what is shown in things like Mean Maximal curves, Distribution charts, etc. because there's no power associated with it like you would have if you created a new manual workout.

Alex Simmons said:
Yes it does.
Yes it does - but only sometimes, which is the problem.

As an example I´ve workouts with override values on the 5, 6, 7, and 8 of this month, but the 8 is missing in PMC for some reason whereas later workouts show up.

Tried copying PMC and calende, but I can´t get it to work.

As for the value of estimated TSS I just did my commute for the first time with a PT, I had it estimated at 80 - it turned out to be 180 (no wonder I´m sometimes a bit tired in the evening)

Nicolai Foss said:
Yes it does - but only sometimes, which is the problem.

As an example I´ve workouts with override values on the 5, 6, 7, and 8 of this month, but the 8 is missing in PMC for some reason whereas later workouts show up.

Tried copying PMC and calende, but I can´t get it to work.

As for the value of estimated TSS I just did my commute for the first time with a PT, I had it estimated at 80 - it turned out to be 180 (no wonder I´m sometimes a bit tired in the evening)
1. post a pic of your chart - zoom the PMC window chart and hit Alt-Print Screen. Then open up MS paint and paste and save as a jpeg file. you should be able to upload it to the forum then. It is possible you may need to resize the image slightly if it's too big to post.

2. I want to know how you can tell it isn't seeing that day.

3. As a test - go back to the 8th of the month in the calendar and manually over ride with 1000 TSS and see if it changes the ATL/CTL/TSB lines. You should see a nice spike in ATL & CTL appear - which would tell me the number for that day is being picked up OK.

Nicolai Foss said:
Random comment, but do you have your PMC configured to show all sports?
Or what "sport" are you assigning to the estimated TSS rides? Is it the same as the ones where you use a PM?

Alex Simmons said:
1. post a pic of your chart - zoom the PMC window chart and hit Alt-Print Screen. Then open up MS paint and paste and save as a jpeg file. you should be able to upload it to the forum then. It is possible you may need to resize the image slightly if it's too big to post.

2. I want to know how you can tell it isn't seeing that day.

3. As a test - go back to the 8th of the month in the calendar and manually over ride with 1000 TSS and see if it changes the ATL/CTL/TSB lines. You should see a nice spike in ATL & CTL appear - which would tell me the number for that day is being picked up OK.
I have solved the problem. I had the PMC list daily TSS, and couldn´t understand why some days was not shown - and I assumed that they were not registered in the PMC since they were not shown. The problem was that the default mode for TSS was to only show the 10 best - I have changed it now.:eek:

Thx for the suggestions.:)

Nicolai Foss said:
I have solved the problem. I had the PMC list daily TSS, and couldn´t understand why some days was not shown - and I assumed that they were not registered in the PMC since they were not shown. The problem was that the default mode for TSS was to only show the 10 best - I have changed it now.:eek:

Thx for the suggestions.:)
Cool :)

So my original diagnosis was right!!

Yeah - I set it to 999 for something like TSS, that way you won't ever miss a day in a chart unless it spans many years.