Performance or Cycleops

str8shooter

Jul 15, 2004
I'm looking into buying a trainer this year. I have it pretty much narrowed down to the PerformancTravelTrac Fluid Plus or the CycleOps Fluid 2. I have no experience with them at all, but I hear the fluid trainers are the quietest and give the most realistic feel.

Anyone using either of these I'd like to get your opinion and pro and cons.

Thanks

str8shooter said:
I'm looking into buying a trainer this year. I have it pretty much narrowed down to the PerformancTravelTrac Fluid Plus or the CycleOps Fluid 2. I have no experience with them at all, but I hear the fluid trainers are the quietest and give the most realistic feel.

Anyone using either of these I'd like to get your opinion and pro and cons.

Thanks
I have the Cycleops and can say it's excellent. Personally, I would never trust a 'house brand' for something as big ticket as a trainer. And I'm no fan of Performance's stuff -- a lot of it seems to be junk (most of my experience is with their apparel -- some good, most is ****).

Aztec said:
I have the Cycleops and can say it's excellent. Personally, I would never trust a 'house brand' for something as big ticket as a trainer. And I'm no fan of Performance's stuff -- a lot of it seems to be junk (most of my experience is with their apparel -- some good, most is ****).

I'm a content fluid 2 owner as well. If you can afford it, I would also recommend getting a set rollers. Adds a bit of variety to the indoor training.

I have to say I'm in the same situation, though luckily, through a pro-deal, I can get the Fluid2 very cheap.

Don't believe any of the lines they give you about the all fluid trainers leaking other than the Kurt Kinetic, either. The first shipment of fluid trainers from Cycleops and others may have leaked, but that was at least 5 years ago, and all LBS owners I've talked to have said that not a single person has complained about a leaky fluid trainer that they sold in the last 5 years.