performance

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by shming123, Feb 3, 2007.

1. shming123

shming123 New Member

Ok, now I know I'm wishing for a long-shot here, but I'm open to suggestions..... I'm 22 years old, and was at least a pretty established Cat 2 road racer. After an accident in September, I basically haven't ridden much, maybe a few times since then, but I like lost my drive for cycling. Well, my performance is WAY down, and my motivation is returning, and the first race is only 4 weeks away. Is there any way to really quickly improve my performace closer to my previous level or recover quicker so I can at least stay in the race? Thanks.

Tags:

2. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

Your first step is:

ONLY POST YOUR QUESTION ONCE.

3. shming123

shming123 New Member

the website was slow, hence the multiple clicks/posts... sorry.

4. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

A quick fix is probably not the best way to get your motivation and performance back to previous levels. I'd suggest you consult with your coach and/or pick up your winter training routine from the start as you normally would, with realistic expectations about how quickly your form will return. If you're not able to hang in the first few races, well that's because of the months you took off while everyone else was training. No reason to kid yourself about it, just recommence your training and do your best to catch up. Good luck. :)