performancebike.com?

Mr. E. Mann

Guest
Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
crappy bike stand.

"Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice.

They've been in the mail order business for many years (maybe 20 years). They also have retail
stores across the country. Customer service is hit and miss, though, at both the mail order and
retail levels. If the item was expensive, they should ship it with on-line tracking so ask them for
the tracking number.

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
> > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice.
>
> They've been in the mail order business for many years (maybe 20 years). They also have retail
> stores across the country. Customer service is hit and miss, though, at both the mail order and
> retail levels. If the item was expensive, they should ship it with on-line tracking so ask them
> for the tracking number.

I've shopped many times at their retail stores here in So Cal. They're legit and I've never had a
problem returning something to them when necessary. They cater more lower-end stuff not to say they
don't have some good stuff because they do.
--
Slacker

"Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
> right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number
and
> have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
> I didn't check out the store before ordering and
> didn't check out the product I was buying before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed
> on this order or end up with a real crappy bike stand.

they're fine, but they fail to send either a shipping confirmation or tracking number when they
receive the order. they've been around for a while with retail and mail order so they aren't going
to screw you, it just might be a slightly irritating experience.

About as bad as them not sending tracking info is that if you actually go to their retail outlet you
very often have to have them price match their own catalog to get the cheapest price!

Michael

Mr. E. Mann wrote:
> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
> right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
> have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
> I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
> before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
> crappy bike stand.

Gotten many things from both their mail order and their retail. I get enough from them that I joined
their Team Performance discount club. They're not usually speed demons, and their stores don't
usually have a lot of stock (if they don't have your size, they hope that you'll let them order it
from their warehouse and you pick it up later -- or not if it doesn't fit right, etc.). They also
seem to be good about returns.

David

Mr. E. Mann wrote:
> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
> right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
> have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
> I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
> before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
> crappy bike stand.

I order through them fairly often (maybe once a month, or every other) and have not had any [major]
problems at all so far with either receiving or returning. The only issues I've had are minor
customer service ones.

All in all they're a good company to buy from.

--

FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

I've ordered from them many times. I always get a shipping confirmation from them. They have a no
questions asked return policy, reasonable prices, and moderate customer service.

Dave

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:55:40 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

> They cater more lower-end stuff ....

Paaaaleeeeze,

Bill

:-]

Thanks Everyone. I'm feeling better about my order now. I just hope it get here this week.

"David Frantz" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I've ordered from them many times. I always get a shipping confirmation from them. They have a no
> questions asked return policy, reasonable prices, and moderate customer service.
>
> Dave
>
> "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
>> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
>> right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number
> and
>> have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually
>> do. I didn't check out the store before ordering and
>> didn't check out the product I was buying before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get
>> screwed on this order or end up with a real crappy bike stand.

The repair stand showed up today. It looks nice and is a lot more solid than I expected for the
price. I just hope the all the plastic parts hold up ok. Anyway, there was a bit of a
miscomunication and I misread the USPS shiping as UPS shipping. You don't get tracking numbers for
USPS, so that is why I didn't get one. There is a good chance I'll be ordering from
Performancebike.com again. Can't wait till friday when I will have time to test this stand out.