performancebike.com?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mr. E. Mann, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
    have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
    I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
    before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
    crappy bike stand.

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice.

    They've been in the mail order business for many years (maybe 20 years). They also have retail
    stores across the country. Customer service is hit and miss, though, at both the mail order and
    retail levels. If the item was expensive, they should ship it with on-line tracking so ask them for
    the tracking number.

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice.
    >
    > They've been in the mail order business for many years (maybe 20 years). They also have retail
    > stores across the country. Customer service is hit and miss, though, at both the mail order and
    > retail levels. If the item was expensive, they should ship it with on-line tracking so ask them
    > for the tracking number.

    I've shopped many times at their retail stores here in So Cal. They're legit and I've never had a
    problem returning something to them when necessary. They cater more lower-end stuff not to say they
    don't have some good stuff because they do.
    --
    Slacker

  4. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    > right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number
    and
    > have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
    > I didn't check out the store before ordering and
    > didn't check out the product I was buying before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed
    > on this order or end up with a real crappy bike stand.

    they're fine, but they fail to send either a shipping confirmation or tracking number when they
    receive the order. they've been around for a while with retail and mail order so they aren't going
    to screw you, it just might be a slightly irritating experience.

    About as bad as them not sending tracking info is that if you actually go to their retail outlet you
    very often have to have them price match their own catalog to get the cheapest price!

    Michael

  5. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Mr. E. Mann wrote:
    > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    > right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
    > have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
    > I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
    > before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
    > crappy bike stand.

    Gotten many things from both their mail order and their retail. I get enough from them that I joined
    their Team Performance discount club. They're not usually speed demons, and their stores don't
    usually have a lot of stock (if they don't have your size, they hope that you'll let them order it
    from their warehouse and you pick it up later -- or not if it doesn't fit right, etc.). They also
    seem to be good about returns.

    David

  6. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Mr. E. Mann wrote:
    > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    > right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number and
    > have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
    > I didn't check out the store before ordering and I didn't check out the product I was buying
    > before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed on this order or end up with a real
    > crappy bike stand.

    I order through them fairly often (maybe once a month, or every other) and have not had any [major]
    problems at all so far with either receiving or returning. The only issues I've had are minor
    customer service ones.

    All in all they're a good company to buy from.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    --

  7. David Frantz

    David Frantz Guest

    I've ordered from them many times. I always get a shipping confirmation from them. They have a no
    questions asked return policy, reasonable prices, and moderate customer service.

    Dave

    "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    > Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    > right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number
    and
    > have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually do.
    > I didn't check out the store before ordering and
    > didn't check out the product I was buying before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get screwed
    > on this order or end up with a real crappy bike stand.

  8. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:55:40 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > They cater more lower-end stuff ....

    Paaaaleeeeze,

    Bill

    :-]

  9. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Thanks Everyone. I'm feeling better about my order now. I just hope it get here this week.

    "David Frantz" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I've ordered from them many times. I always get a shipping confirmation from them. They have a no
    > questions asked return policy, reasonable prices, and moderate customer service.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Has anyone here ordered from performancebike.com? I ordered a Performance Spin Doctor Pro Repair
    >> Stand II and never recieved a ship confirmation notice. I emailed them on 3/12 and they responded
    >> right away saying they the order had shipped on 3/10. I responded asking for a tracking number
    > and
    >> have not recieved a reply since. Looking back, I realize that I didn't do two things I usually
    >> do. I didn't check out the store before ordering and
    >> didn't check out the product I was buying before ordering. Hopefully, I'm not going to get
    >> screwed on this order or end up with a real crappy bike stand.

  10. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    The repair stand showed up today. It looks nice and is a lot more solid than I expected for the
    price. I just hope the all the plastic parts hold up ok. Anyway, there was a bit of a
    miscomunication and I misread the USPS shiping as UPS shipping. You don't get tracking numbers for
    USPS, so that is why I didn't get one. There is a good chance I'll be ordering from
    Performancebike.com again. Can't wait till friday when I will have time to test this stand out.