Performancebike HUUUUGE SAVINGS!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by sparknote_s, Aug 4, 2004.

1. sparknote_s

sparknote_s New Member

This weekend there will be HUGE savings at performancebike.com. Their Tirreno road bikes are what they sell. The best of their Tirreno bikes can be seen here: http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=18365&subcategory_ID=3040

It says it's got ultegra derailleurs, carbon fork, aluminum frame,etc - call them to find out more. But here's where the huge deal comes from.

The bike costs $1300. There is a 20% off coupon you can use when ordering online, it is: 6000386. That takes the total to $1040.

Now here's where you save even MORE. You sign up for team performance, which costs $20. With team performance, you get 'team points.' Basically when you order something, you get 10% of that total towards your next purchase. So, if you spend $1040 on that bike, you now will get $104 for free your next order.

Here's where you save even MMOOOORRRE! This weekend, August 7th and 8th, you get DOUBLE team points. That means instead of $104 free, you will get $208 towards your next purchase!

Not only that, but you get 20% off THAT purchase! Which means, you can actually buy $260 worth of stuff!!!!!

So all in all, you get:

Good ultegra bike w/ carbon fork and shimano r-540 wheels
    Your choice of $260 worth of goods from performancebike.com - FREE

All for $1040 + bike shipping

Tags:

2. cyclwestks

cyclwestks New Member

I just bought one in store, lost out on double points, but it was priced $1249 in store, so I got it for $999.

3. dobber

dobber New Member

$1060, you forgot the $20 throw for team membership.............

4. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Generic framed bike,overpriced to start with.You can likely do as well at Supergo on their house brands any day of the week.

5. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

Just so you know.... the performance frames are made by Fuji and performance also owns not only Nashbar, but Supergo as well. A good many of the store name products are actually pretty nice.

6. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

I didn't know that. It seems strange that they would essentially compete with themselves. How long have they owned Nashbar and Supergo?

7. sparknote_s

sparknote_s New Member

Not sure how you call this equal. At supergo its $930 for their ultegra equipped bike. At performance, it is $800 when you figure in the savings. Doh...

8. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

They bought Supergo about a year ago. They've owned Nashbar for a number of years now. Performance keeps them as 3 different companies, owned by the same holding company. The reason that they compete with themselves or rather dont rename all the store is to maintain customer loyalty, and to be able offer different targeted catalogs. The three catalogs are different, but the money all goes to the same place.

9. markwill

markwill New Member

I'm confused by this bit. Yes, you'd get the 20% on the original purchase (I assume you have validated that you can use the double points AND the web coupon together in the same order) but I didn't think Performance immediately credits your Team Performance account with the points? In my case it took almost 3 weeks for the coupons to turn up - way past the double points weekend.

Can you clarify?

Can the double points thing be used with their Red Phone service (no shipping charges)?

Mark

PS: Yes, I am thinking of a purchase this weekend but didn't know that the double points thing was available online too.

10. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

Interesting. Do you work in the industry Salsa?

11. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

yes, You accumilate double points. Instead of 10% back in coupons, you get 20% back. Then they apply them (2 sets of 10%) in the next two account updates (once a month) So, eventually you'd recieve $20 on every $100 spent in the form of gift certificates/coupons.

12. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

I used to manage one of their stores. I got laid off, and it was taking too long to get re-employed in my field of choice so I took a job managing one of their stores for a year. I've also worked in bike stores as a mechanic back in the day.

13. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

That's cool. I used to wrench about 10 years ago as well.

14. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Performance doesn't own them,but all 3 are owned by the same conglomerate.

15. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

Be careful about a bike for that low of a price with ultegra, the frame is probably no good and its better to get a mainstream TREK with 105 because Trek frames are manufactured a lot better

16. boudreaux

boudreaux New Member

Dead thread Zombie a$$hats never sleep?

17. RC2

RC2 New Member

Great advice but the post is almost a year old. ;)