Periero now under TdeF doping suspiscion

Tony Raven wrote:
> Article in LeMonde saying that Periero tested positive on the TdeF and
> there are suspicions over the medical validity of the exemption
> certificate he had for the substance.
>
> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-857101@51-854647,0.html

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jan07/jan19news2

Oscar Pereiro's positive doping tests from the 2006 Tour de France are
"a major mistake and I hope that the people in charge apologize," he
said in a radio interview. "It is certain that I took the product, but
it was prescribed by my doctor and approved by the UCI, which allows me
to use it whenever I need it."
Meanwhile, his team said that Pereiro is guilty of nothing more than
negligence in a press release issued Thursday night, January 18. The
Spanish team noted the required documents had not yet been sent to the
French anti-doping agency due to his "negligence" and vacation. But the
team claims it has submitted the information, and added that the UCI is
satisfied with all explanations.

"We are sorry for the appearance of this type of news which benefits
nobody and which particularly harms our rider, our team and cycling in
general."

> Article in LeMonde saying that Periero tested positive on the TdeF and
> there are suspicions over the medical validity of the exemption
> certificate he had for the substance.
>
> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-857101@51-854647,0.html

IMO the vast majority of professional atheletes will be up to something
dodgy to improve their performance. It just varies as to how much they can
get away with it by.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:01:26 +0000, Tony Raven wrote:

> Article in LeMonde saying that Periero tested positive on the TdeF and
> there are suspicions over the medical validity of the exemption
> certificate he had for the substance.
>
> http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3242,36-857101@51-854647,0.html

Seems to me - and the general public that the whole of professional cycling
is bent. We all love cycling for the enjoyment it gives us. However, lets
face it, Pro Cycling has got as much a drug image as pro bodybuilding.

My 2c.

Thanks,

Steve

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it". Oscar Wilde

Use ROT13 for my email:
[email protected]